Not metal detecting, Turkeys!

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
These poor boys are working so hard to make an impression and the hens are just ignoring them and eating seeds dropped from the bird feeder in my yard...

picture.php

Even though they'll be ignored for about another month and right now it's just for show the Jake knows to keep a safe distance from the Toms.

Waiting patiently, hopefully by the middle of April, two long beards will have a date with the smoker on my back patio.

" tastes like chicken"

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Haven't eaten one yet but I'm pretty sure they'd taste like turkey lol...

That's really cool! Do they make much noise?

Oh yeah, and they do it all in chorus. I hear them coming up the driveway making little chuck chuck noises, then all of the toms will gobble together every time something spooks them. I can go out and talk to them and they'll gobble every time I say gobble. It's a hoot!

Even though they'll be ignored for about another month and right now it's just for show the Jake knows to keep a safe distance from the Toms.

True... once the girls start paying attention the tables are turned. Last year I watched with great amusement when one of the toms was all fluffed up and displaying, standing very still, and three hens were running in tight circles around him!

Boys give you are never gonna please them.
HH

Ha! That's less than optimistic :grin:

Waiting patiently, hopefully by the middle of April, two long beards will have a date with the smoker on my back patio.

If things go south and I ever get hungry enough I'll smoke one or two myself, but for now these wild guys are more pets than table fare. Which is probably fine with them!

Damned annoying around here. Even in a city of 150,000 they still constantly walk through busy intersections like they own the place. You could walk up to any of them here and toss them in a freezer.

Damned annoying around here. Even in a city of 150,000 they still constantly walk through busy intersections like they own the place. You could walk up to any of them here and toss them in a freezer.

I didn't know you had them up your way too, I can see how they could really mess up traffic lol

Gobble gobble

Gobble gobble is right :grin:

Much stupider during mating season!

Not exactly sure how you tell but I won't argue with you ;) I can tell you it's pretty darned funny watching them preen and peck at the chrome on our truck bumper when they think it's a different turkey looking back at them...

Much stupider during mating season!

Not exactly sure how you tell but I won't argue with you ;) I can tell you it's pretty darned funny watching them preen and peck at the chrome on our truck bumper when they think it's a different turkey looking back at them...
I have pics here somewhere of a turkey attacking a cars tire valve stem. It a great pic. I will look and see if i can post it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom