concealed carry permit in Pa info?

metalghost04

Was thinking about getting a permit/license to carry a concealed weapon in Pennsylvania. U see alot of members are into guns on here. Reason being last year I had a guy steal my car at a gas station and he then robbed a bank with it. Can't help but wonder if I would have had a weapon i could have stopped him and all of those people in the bank that day wouldn't have had to deal with a psycho with a gun. So what is the process for obtaining one?

Was thinking about getting a permit/license to carry a concealed weapon in Pennsylvania. U see alot of members are into guns on here. Reason being last year I had a guy steal my car at a gas station and he then robbed a bank with it. Can't help but wonder if I would have had a weapon i could have stopped him and all of those people in the bank that day wouldn't have had to deal with a psycho with a gun. So what is the process for obtaining one?

Download it online, fill it out, bring it to the sheriffs office, or wherever your county requires, and a week or two later it should come in the mail as long as your background check is clear. It's $20? I believe.

I can't help but think you could have gotten hurt if you had a gun. The cc is to protect yourself. If a guy goes to steal your car you let it go unless your in it or in danger. Never pull a gun and try to stop something if your not in danger. Odds are you will hesitate on pulling the trigger (and for good reason) but the crooks won't if they are armed. I would recommend some classes or training to go along with your cc.
For the record I'm a gun owner and will be getting my cc soon. The way I read your op gave me the "vigilante" type feel.

Download it online, fill it out, bring it to the sheriffs office, or wherever your county requires, and a week or two later it should come in the mail as long as your background check is clear. It's $20? I believe.

That's all it takes for you guys? Here in Wisconsin you have to take a class unless you were in law enforcement/the military and have done Deadly Force Qualification.

Just remember once you get a gun, if you are dumb enough to pull it out, you better be smart enough to pull the trigger. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

I carry my XD40 every single day in my waistband.

HH

Reason being last year I had a guy steal my car at a gas station and he then robbed a bank with it. Can't help but wonder if I would have had a weapon i could have stopped him and all of those people in the bank that day wouldn't have had to deal with a psycho with a gun. So what is the process for obtaining one?

You better think long and hard about pulling a gun if your life isn't in danger. The possibilities are endless of what can happen when facing a desperate individual with nothing to lose.

I would guarantee you that the mark killing a person has on your life is much greater than the loss of a material object.

I'm licensed to carry but after carrying for the first year, I took a long look at reality and decided that I felt better without it on my person. Sure I have the option but I detect in the hoodiest hood, walk after dark, etc. and have never once in my life felt like I was in a situation where I was threatened. Quite the opposite actually.

That's all it takes for you guys? Here in Wisconsin you have to take a class unless you were in law enforcement/the military and have done Deadly Force Qualification.

Yep, no classes required, some states it's even easier then that. Hopefully they eventually make the whole country free to carry like Alaska.

WOW $20 bucks! That is cheap!!

Here in Kansas it is open carry. You don't need a license unless you plan to hide your weapon. Last I heard they were looking to make CCW legal with no license needed.

I don't carry a weapon so that if someone tried to steal my car I can shoot them I carry it so I can stand my ground and refuse to be the victim. If he has a gun and pulls it then I will use mine. If I'm carrying one on my side in plain sight chance are he would pick someone that would be a less potentially hazardous victim.

Here in Kansas it is open carry. You don't need a license unless you plan to hide your weapon. Last I heard they were looking to make CCW legal with no license needed.

I don't carry a weapon so that if someone tried to steal my car I can shoot them I carry it so I can stand my ground and refuse to be the victim. If he has a gun and pulls it then I will use mine. If I'm carrying one on my side in plain sight chance are he would pick someone that would be a less potentially hazardous victim.

Yeah, you're only allowed to shoot if your life is in immediate danger, if someone jumps in your car and takes off it wouldn't be a good self defense unless you were in it at the time in a car jacking scenario.

Well I tried to jump in the car and saw he had a gun. He then gunned it and would have hit me if i wouldn't have jumped out of the way. I probably wouldn't have fired a shot because honestly it happened so fast i wouldn't have even thought about it but i would like ccw to at least be able to have it to protect myself if need be. I am not a"vigilante" I am just a man who thinks he should be able to defend and protect himself against scum that try and hurt innocent people.

Thanks for the info everybody

Well I tried to jump in the car and saw he had a gun. He then gunned it and would have hit me if i wouldn't have jumped out of the way. I probably wouldn't have fired a shot because honestly it happened so fast i wouldn't have even thought about it but i would like ccw to at least be able to have it to protect myself if need be. I am not a"vigilante" I am just a man who thinks he should be able to defend and protect himself against scum that try and hurt innocent people.

Thanks for the info everybody

If he had a visible gun then you could have shot him.

I am just a man who thinks he should be able to defend and protect himself against scum that try and hurt innocent people.

And I think you should be able to also buddy! Hope you didn't take my post wrong. I was just trying bring up the "other stuff" about cc is all. In real life heroes don't survive!:lol: I hope you get it and fully believe it's your right to have it my friend.

In Texas it's legal to shoot someone trying to steal your stuff even if they are no threat to you.

Criminals have to realize for every action there is a reaction. Speaking of which we just had a cop killed here an hour ago responding to a robbery at a store. They caught the two guys, but I'm sure they will spend their lives appealing their death sentences, probably write a book or two, all on the governments dime. More criminals need to die in the act of committing their crime. They might even name a street in France after them like they did for the last cop killer here.

To start with , I respect everyone's opinion . But , In my opinion , until the citizens of this country start standing up for our own rights , instead of the crook , we're done . When a crook takes a weapon and goes to use it for no good , then he forfeited his rights and deserves his just reward . Maybe then the crooks will start to change their way's and become decent citizens , if not , then we have a few less crook's to worry about .

Back
Top Bottom