Do people laugh at you while metal detecting?

mandyjw

Maybe its the swarm of fascinated kids metal detecting attracts, I'm not sure but I get laughed at so often. The other day someone laughed and threw change at me. :roll: Not sure if that should be counted in my clad total for the day or not.

Maybe behind my back...........I don't know, but further more, I don't care if they laugh or not. Some older gentleman walked by me yesterday and asked if I found that penny he lost.

They know this old dog can laugh louder than them.

So, ain't no one tried it yet
untitled.jpg

Happy Huntin,

I think this has probably happened to most of us at some time. It's usually
children who have a laugh. I just ignore them.

I am a teen so i could care less but i think myself it's funny because you just seem like a bad ass when you have a metal detector lol. If you have a thick mustache that is also bad ass!

I had "friends" that laughed in the past. That was before silver prices shot up. I currently have over 550 silver coins I've recovered. Now when the subject of metal detecting comes up, they just say,"I really need to get into that hobby."

the best thing

I have found the best way to deal with that is to look right at them and laugh back, most the time they just walk away :sarcastic:

yea they do. i stopped and talked to my neighbor about mdin his yard and he said " well thats just silly, you try a beach!"

Studies have shown that laughter is good for your heart and overall health. Therefore, when people laugh at us, we are actually helping them. Dang, feels good to be cleaning the environment, finding treasure, improving people's health AND having fun. What a hobby...... :D RickO

With my attitude in life I probably have the advantage. I could'nt care less what others think of me. I know who I am and where I'm going. Steve in so az

Studies have shown that laughter is good for your heart and overall health. Therefore, when people laugh at us, we are actually helping them. Dang, feels good to be cleaning the environment, finding treasure, improving people's health AND having fun. What a hobby...... :D RickO

Rick, I'm calling this the Great Line of the Month!

Even though there are 30 days left, I'm confident nothing can top this.

Thanks for the laugh - I feel healthier already.

I've never had anyone laugh at me. I find that people are generally interested in it. But, if someone ever threw a handful of change at me I'd probably go after them. That's so insulting, it makes me rage just thinking about it.

Yeah the change throwing was pretty insulting but oh well. I'm young and have an inexpensive metal detector so I think people are more likely to laugh at me.

Anyone that knows me knows what i find. They might laugh but they dont laugh at what i find. Most just want the good stuff

yes my two teenage daughters, they call me a nerd. them i laugh at them when they need $ , im 45 and i stopped worrying about what other people many years ago! turn up the volume

Back
Top Bottom