I'm a dyed in the wool Minelab user, new detector itch, Deus!

Jack Flynn

Elite Member
I've been running Minelabs for 4 years now. Xterra's all of them. ETrac for 3 years. Got into water and beach hunting, GT and 2 Excal's now. Love them machines, BBS is unreal! I've looked at the CTX a LOT and well am about to take the plunge........ On a Deus........ I flat love the language of the BBS and FBS machines. What's a Deus going to offer me over my current stable? Trying to pull the trigger but need some encouragement.:D Just a tad more.........

We seem to like the same equipment right down to the RATS.
The Deus is unlike any detector you have ever used. The only way i know how to describe it is to say fast and precise. Be ready to go back to those hunted areas and look for masked targets. It makes hunting in the iron and trash fun. There is a learning curve involved with the Deus. Mostly on how to deal with four different frequencies. If you are a veteran hunter I'm sure you can teach yourself quickly.

I wish one thing. I wish I could be there to watch your smile when you switch to Deus fast and hit a keeper. Remember when it happens. That is why you bought the Deus. NO OTHER detector except another XP unit can hang with the Deus in the trash and iron. There are more masked targets than deep targets. Be the guy in your area to pick em clean.

If you want really deep (CTX and E Trac deep)you need to make some modifications in the settings. But over all the stock programs will teach you the basics.

No I'm not getting into a which is deeper argument. But the Deus is no slouch if adjusted properly.

And it was just announced there will be a software upgrade later this year.

I've been running Minelabs for 4 years now. Xterra's all of them. ETrac for 3 years. Got into water and beach hunting, GT and 2 Excal's now. Love them machines, BBS is unreal! I've looked at the CTX a LOT and well am about to take the plunge........ On a Deus........ I flat love the language of the BBS and FBS machines. What's a Deus going to offer me over my current stable? Trying to pull the trigger but need some encouragement.:D Just a tad more.........

Same here Jack! I love my Minelabs!! Had them all.

Jack feel free to give me a ring. I have experience on all of them. Love to help you!
The deus is an amazing machine for sure. Extremely light and amazing in trash!

Holler with questions or a great deal! Bart

It is also one of the lightest detectors out there...
And is very fancy looking.
I like the deus a lot, I wouldn't trade my top detector for it but I do like it a lot.
And you really don't need our permission or suggestions to buy a deus, if you did make your homework you know what you are getting into...
Let us know how much you like it...:p

I am on my first week with the Deus. I just programmed it using a program I got at another forum and WOW!

Before I even get to master this machine, I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE how light it is and how it collapses so I carry it in out of my car.

It is truly wireless with no transmitter to mess around with.

I am having to get used to the tone qualities which are different from any other machine I ever used but even that can be adjusted so I will be fine.

I don't know how I will ever go back to using wired, heavy machines ever again.

Norbyx, having said that, I miss my V3i already and I hope that White's makes a similar machine on a lighter, collapsible version someday.

Back
Top Bottom