11 Gold coins and nuggets *updated* with clean up pics

Not only that but ANYTHING you post they have to prove. IMPOSSIBLE. I will post all my finds. It is all hearsay anyway. I could say I found a half million dollar ring and post a picture of one. Nobody can come to my door with a search warrant or have ANY probable cause to make me claim it because they would first have to prove that I actually had it.

People are paranoid. Plain and simple. Tax man or cop comes to your door. DON'T TALK PERIOD. Like the 11 grand I found this year. Sure I told everyone. But it is all hearsay. Who saw it? Even if I posted 11 grand in bills, I could have had it.

I will show all my finds. I could care less. Know the law and know their limitations.

Let alone what are they going to tax me on? $42.50? Haha! Until I auction something they are only worth face value!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let alone what are they going to tax me on? $42.50? Haha! Until I auction something they are only worth face value!

Great finds!
As you likely know they are taxable at the appraised value in the year that they were found.
If graded they will likely all come back "cleaned" or "environmental damage"... on gold the dirt works like a brillo pad over the years. The 55 s looks best and likely "AU cleaned"
Keep hunting, there is most likely more there and many who hide their money do not keep all their eggs in one basket.
I would guess around $6000 total value so no big deal... very smart of you to not include the $5 54s in the photo...:yes:

Great finds!

As you likely know they are taxable at the appraised value in the year that they were found.

If graded they will likely all come back "cleaned" or "environmental damage"... on gold the dirt works like a brillo pad over the years. The 55 s looks best and likely "AU cleaned"

Keep hunting, there is most likely more there and many who hide their money do not keep all their eggs in one basket.

I would guess around $6000 total value so no big deal... very smart of you to not include the $5 54s in the photo...:yes:

Hah! Isn’t it funny how there is no 54 s? I just wish that 1811 franc was a capped instead. Then I would have something to get excited about.

Hey TrashMasterCCS, amazing find and I'm sure it took alot of time, research and hard work! I just picked up a Deus and both HF coils and noticed you were running the HF round coil, can you share your program/settings for those of us with the Deus. Did you have to dig alot of iron?
Gotta get out there,
Bill

Hey TrashMasterCCS, amazing find and I'm sure it took alot of time, research and hard work! I just picked up a Deus and both HF coils and noticed you were running the HF round coil, can you share your program/settings for those of us with the Deus. Did you have to dig alot of iron?

Gotta get out there,

Bill

This site had little iron compared to what I’m used to. No iron was masking this find. The Deus told me the coin was there and told me there was a chunk of flat iron/can under or next to it. My VDI said 64-68 with a good iron buzz around the high tone.

This site had little iron compared to what I’m used to. No iron was masking this find. The Deus told me the coin was there and told me there was a chunk of flat iron/can under or next to it. My VDI said 64-68 with a good iron buzz around the high tone.

Nice find TrashMaster. You did very well.

With a VDI number of 64-68 on my Deus I don't think I would even bother to dig the target. Gives one something to think about.

As for the nuggets in with the coins: Have you watched Ron (Rocklin CA) videos ? ("California Relic Adventures" @ youtube). He had a find, before he started making live video captures, from about 15+ yrs. ago, in the Folsom/Auburn, CA area: So although it's not on a video, I'm sure you can find a post or pix of it: He got a signal at the base of a rock/boulder outcropping. He found about a dozen coins, that had apparently , at one time, been a leather or cloth purse (there was a metal clasp of the purse left, if I recall). They were all gold rush era seateds, and a single gold coin (a $5, if I recall). And, like your story, he noticed what appeared to be gold nuggets. He collected all the dirt, and went through the tailing with a nugget detector. And got a bunch of nuggets to go with the coins. A miner who had his purse of both nuggets and coins.

Damn, I had the exact same thing, found a metal clasp from a coin purse at the base of a couple big boulders in my main 1880 location that I dig. Unfortunately, no other signals around, as hard as I tried to look...... :(

Holy !!!!, that is an absolutely stunning find!!!! Big congrats! Wonder if it was someone's pay that they had turned their gold nuggets in for, then the actual nuggets were just not turned in for money yet when they lost their bag or purse or whatever......

Beautiful Save and a find of several life times!!

Sad....... I'm guessing, someones life savings.

Not counting the nuggets or foreign coins, the $42.50 in US coins in 1860 is equal to just about $1200 today........ That's a lot of $$$$........:wow:

Very nice!
And to think I’m starting into prospecting haha.
I’d love to find some pickers like that in my pan!

Wow, MIND BLOWING, Find of a lifetime. I cant even DREAM that big of finds like that. WOW!

Back
Top Bottom