Wheats & Silver

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
I was able today to detect at a friend's property. The current house dates to the 1930's but the land was occupied by other buildings back into the early 1800's, so it looked like a good opportunity for some older items. In two hours I pulled mostly pennies from the 60's and 70's together with some clad, but there were five wheats back to 1921. The best of it was a pair of silver dimes, a '44 merc and a '46 Rosie (#6 & 7 for the year). Not a bad day and I'll definitely be back!

The second pic is of a visitor we had in the back yard today. I couldn't help but think how good he would look on the dinner table. :lol:

Foiled

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0021small.jpg
    IMG_0021small.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 114
Great hunt! Even if it's still just clad it's a lot more fun digging up older coins than decomposing zinc pennies. Is the turkey a pet of theirs?

Great hunt! Even if it's still just clad it's a lot more fun digging up older coins than decomposing zinc pennies. Is the turkey a pet of theirs?

No, he's a wild bird and was in our back yard with a pair of his ladies. Just wandering through the neighborhood all puffed up and strutting his stuff. :turkey:

Back
Top Bottom