What do you do with dirty coins?

MichDig

Forum Supporter
What do you guys do with all your dirty coins, especially those rotten zinc pennies? Roll them up and cash them in? Will Coinstar even take 'em?

I'm too embarrassed to use them. :?:

Haven't done anything with em yet but I have lots! Going to roll up the rotten ones I think. Do you know if a rotten penny will go thru a home type rolling machine? as long as its not bent up to bad?

spend them, who's gonna give a dang what they look like? its money, worth its face value and therefore shall be spent! :)

I clean em all and roll everything I can get away with. Those go to the bank. the really bad ones get snuck into the rolls here and there. ;)

Just clean them up and put'em in the counter at the grocery store.

I just wash the coins a bit and run them through the counter at the grocery store to purchase new batteries or accessories. Be careful with the really bad coins. They can jam the machine.

if the coinster will take it that's fine if not the bank will as long as it is recognizable. don't throw them away.

If it's not totally rotten - hit the soda machine. Sometimes you need to give it a little spin when you put it in. I've even hammered some back into shape that it took. Once it goes in.... hit the coin return and out come nice clean coins. Magic.

:shock:

Clad get cleaned and rolled. Memorials get tossed to the tree line or given to kids that won't go away.

coins3.JPG Quarters.JPG
After I took out one hundred dollars worth of quarters.

Back
Top Bottom