Can't believe this just happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.
and what would I or anyone else care what you think??

..........and that's what it all boils down to. Some people want to "fit in", not "rock the boat". Others see the world through their own lens. It's apparent every day when a person gets behind the wheel and sees how others drive. Somebody willing to cut off someone else, just to get to Dunkin Donuts 5 minutes quicker. It's become obvious to me, that it's with everything in life. The "me first, me only mentality". You live your way, I'll live mine.

I read your post about diving around the little kids, and scraping your detector off a little girls leg...... It took that situation to make you realize you shouldn't be doing that? If that's the case, you and I probably have little in common, therefore, what you think about me and my opinions, means very little to me as well, and only reassures me that my morals, values and ethics are right where they need to be...... worrying about everyone's well being, not just about ME. Have fun. The same crowd can keep posting in regards to threads like these, convincing themselves that it's their "right" or they are just as "deserving" to be in areas in question, but lets call a spade a spade..... You're just seeking approval from a few, because you know you're wrong in the first place. I think it's called "being a follower". Just remember ethics are how a person handles, conducts, oneself when nobody is looking. I don't go through life worrying about what other people think, instead I ask myself "would that be a douche bag move"? If I come to the conclusion of "YES" then I don't do whatever it was I was thinking about doing. It's very simple, give it a try. The world would be a better place if everyone just asked themselves that one question before they did something.

..........and that's what it all boils down to. Some people want to "fit in", not "rock the boat". Others see the world through their own lens. It's apparent every day when a person gets behind the wheel and sees how others drive. Somebody willing to cut off someone else, just to get to Dunkin Donuts 5 minutes quicker. It's become obvious to me, that it's with everything in life. The "me first, me only mentality". You live your way, I'll live mine.

I read your post about diving around the little kids, and scraping your detector off a little girls leg...... It took that situation to make you realize you shouldn't be doing that? If that's the case, you and I probably have little in common, therefore, what you think about me and my opinions, means very little to me as well, and only reassures me that my morals, values and ethics are right where they need to be...... worrying about everyone's well being, not just about ME. Have fun. The same crowd can keep posting in regards to threads like these, convincing themselves that it's their "right" or they are just as "deserving" to be in areas in question, but lets call a spade a spade..... You're just seeking approval from a few, because you know you're wrong in the first place. I think it's called "being a follower". Just remember ethics are how a person handles, conducts, oneself when nobody is looking. I don't go through life worrying about what other people think, instead I ask myself "would that be a douche bag move"? If I come to the conclusion of "YES" then I don't do whatever it was I was thinking about doing. It's very simple, give it a try. The world would be a better place if everyone just asked themselves that one question before they did something.

And there lies one of the problems with the internet. I wasn't diving around little kids. Most of the park was empty when I went in. I stay underwater for 3 hours at a time. I had absolutely NO idea that my coil might have touched anyone. People online read into the facts and think of scenario's that might have or might not have been the case. WE WERE NOT THERE, SO HOW CAN WE JUDGE?

So instead of reading into what is posted and condemn or approve others actions, it is best to believe that MOST of us know how to govern ourselves.

People come here to post their finds, ask questions and vent when others who don't know or understand the hobby infringe on our rights. ASSUMING the detectorist doesn't know how to govern himself or herself so they get ridiculed on here is NOT what the mods or the person that posted needs.

Sure there are some that push the envelope. Most would be too chicken to come here and say they were trespassing, or breaking the law and their equipment was confiscated.

Anyway we all have to live our lives as we see fit. The guy that flew his gyrocopter into the capital lawn is a GREAT example. Some here applaud him, others condemn him. he thought it out for over a year. He made the decision and knew the risks. I won't judge. Just like I won't judge others on here.

Well I shouldn't judge others on here anyway. I admit I have a very big problem with posters that embellish their finds. Common sense tells me nobody can find as much money as a few say they do on here. BUT I have learned to keep my opinions to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom