Sold My Gold for $94,000.00

0m3nc0w63

Wondering if anyone is familiar with electronic gold testing devices. I am currently in a lawsuit with a gold buying company that tested my gold and had 2 jewelers look at my samples in person, tested it out at around 16 carat and wrote me a check for $94K.

They tested every piece and it was positive for gold. They came back later and said the refinery used X-Ray Fluorescent Spectrometry and it was a worthless alloy.

Now they want their money back :-(

cKeT.jpg

Does anyone know about the mistakes an electronic gold tester can make?

:shock: :shock: Holy Moly!!!! Thats a nice payday right there!!! Sucks if you will have to pay it back!! I would get any kind of proof you can before paying them back! ( I guess the gold buying place that bought your gold have NO clue what they are doing to hand over that kind of money and such a large mistake..! ) SOmething doesnt sound right!

Not wanting to doubt the integrity of the post, especially as it is the first post of the member, but what proof is there that the cheque relates to the story? If it is true then someone has been totally duped by "fools gold!":workforgold:

I know that the XRF scanners are very expensive pieces of equipment. Used they run 12000-20000 USD and new can be upwards of 70000USD. You can rent one for about 125USD a day if you want to "check" yourself.

Edit: Just seen the question at the bottom of your post. As long as it is calibrated correctly, there is little to no chance of a XRF scanner being wrong. They are about impossible to screw up.

If it was a hand held unit, you just point and press a button. It would give a reading(% of gold, Karats or whatever the machine is set for).

If it is a desktop unit(or stand alone), you would set the object being tested inside a chamber. Then press a button and in a few seconds you would get a reading.

You can get XRF scanners for just about anything. We have one at work to test for RoHS compliance on our pcb's. It is just set to check the 6 materials that the RoHS directive prohibits. You can get them to analyze soil, air, lead content in paint, RoHS, elements(gold silver ect ect) and tons of other things.

I agree with Rudy, once the gold left your hand, how can they be so sure that the gold they claim isn't real is the exact gold that you sold them, and not some gold that the buyers switched out?

I would fight it and make them prove beyond a doubt how they know 110% that it was YOUR exact gold, piece by piece.

Wrote you a check on 6/1 and you are 'already in a lawsuit,' but you come to a forum for information.... seems like that is what your attorney is for?

Coming from a printing background that is a computer check with a computer signature which is legit. You type in the dollar amount and the computer adds in the words and signature similar to what Quickbooks does. How many times have you seen a computer misspell a word like ninty instead of ninety?
Would appear to be bogus!

I'm throwin' the BS flag on this play...

ONE post? And look at that username...

WHAT'S THE POINT HERE ANYWAY?

you guys nailed it

first post from a spam username and a misspelled check ?

edited by Carol K: No name calling please.

Rest assured this one is on our "Watch List" and the IP has been checked. If something turns up he won't be here very long!!:D

Back
Top Bottom