Compadre setting for coins

JAY-in-PA

Forum Supporter
Where do you Compadre users set your discrimination when just looking for coins?

I like to take the 2 boys out detecting and want to keep there interest as long as possible. Coins are the best way for me to do this. Any help on where to set the "knob" will be appreciated.

TIA
Jay

When you say right before foil, are you talking about at the 12 o'clock position?
At, 3 o'clock, will I lose gold?

When you say right before foil, are you talking about at the 12 o'clock position?
At, 3 o'clock, will I lose gold?
Everything but the larger sizes.
Several members recommended pointing the knob to #2 to get all coins.
I think they will dig too many tabs and trash at this level and lose interest.

These are all approximate...
This is where I get a solid signal before it discs out on gold.
Size and thickness will matter, purer gold will also be higher in conductivity and will come in a little higher.
The larger the object the higher it will disc out.
Tiny studs and small targets will be closer to #1...iron or below.
Silver and gold chains will come in between #1 and 2.

Attachments

• compadre gold.jpg
    compadre gold.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 2,428
  • comp gold.jpg
    comp gold.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2,572
  • 3 RINGS side.jpg
    3 RINGS side.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,367
  • RING THICK.jpg
    RING THICK.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 2,306
  • P1020528.jpg
    P1020528.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2,377
Digger, that was an awesome post. That is a great visual for us to work with THANK YOU!!

King it was a solid signal at those settings, they disc out above those numbers.

King it was a solid signal at those settings, they disc out above those numbers.

What he said.

Actually, I think it is more accurate to turn past the fade out point and then come back down to a solid signal.
Targets that are scratchy before they become solid are more often than not, trash, these good targets and others like coins usually come in solid...no scratchiness.
If that is the case, this is about where these items, "come in".

Very nice, Digger. I might add that #3 is where Jack Gifford recommended on all his detectors for least trash/most gold. I just got the taste of gold and can't go above #2. :lol: Nonetheless, #3 will only miss the tiniest of gold rings.:yes:

Where it is super trashy, I'll set mine at the 3 o'clock position. Then go back for another round, and lower it to just before foil.

To me...that has found me about $400 worth of precious metal since last August. :D
What are friends for, now gimme that 40% :p:laughing::laughing::laughing:. I owned a couple Compadre's but the one you got was/is extra hot. I turned the sens. up just a half a hair before it chirped.

Back
Top Bottom