Failed scouting hunt but silver # 100 for 2018 and big brass

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
About 10 pm Friday night the great IDX Monster reached out to make a last minute plan . He was up for a road trip .
Unfortunately my hunting territory is very dry as the rains keep missing us.

We have been looking for a nice huntingground somewhere between us that we and a few other good Wisconsin hunting buddies can use as a social yet potentially killer hunting spot in the future.
An absolutely mouth watering old public spot was located close to the half way point between the 2 and a half hours that separates us .
Absolutely mouthwatering !!!

We got to this LC with dreams of finding some old old silver and the such.

Well in a nutshell šŸ¤” IDX and I got smacked down hard . Ya it happens. Saved a 35 merc but We did not even pull a single wheat from the place in 5 hours .
I was absolutely spent from the time we spent in the heat trying to break this beutiful place down .
We scrambled and scouted 3 more spots but no epic saves .

oh well ... saved a couple and hit 100 for the year .

Still great times Kev . As always .
Thank you for looking and sorry the eye candy is limited .
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1778.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Good on ya for the Attempt and for hitting your Century in Silver! This is about the worst Hunting time of the year for us Northerns..expecially for you dirt hunting silverbabies...Conditions are not optimal...Dry and hardpack! A popcorn fart would be an upgrade!

So Its good to see you Cheesers are out punching munchkins none the less!:laughing:

100! Nice work. Quite a milestone these days. Congrats.

Thanks JW .
Congrats on hitting 50 yourself . Your correct . Not easy these days .
I have been changing my hunting perspective and turning more hunter then gatherer. We will see about next season but I am learning to accept the fact that finding silver is getting to be a big deal . Happy if I get one and willing to go home without .
Enjoying the hunts

Good on ya for the Attempt and for hitting your Century in Silver! This is about the worst Hunting time of the year for us Northerns..expecially for you dirt hunting silverbabies...Conditions are not optimal...Dry and hardpack! A popcorn fart would be an upgrade!

So Its good to see you Cheesers are out punching munchkins none the less!:laughing:

Ya it's dry Mud . Rain keeps running a little north or south of our line.

I wanted to take IDX out on some of my old scrounge grounds and let the man work his magic. Unfortunately when I dig a plug it crumbles to dust and blows away before I can put it backšŸ˜. He is a big man . Even weighed down with a CTX his gear and a massive Sampson T handle and obviously a pocket full of silver šŸ˜Ž
He would have still most likely dried up and blown away like a tumble weed .šŸ¤”

Congrats my friend on reaching the century mark. Like others have said no easy task. You still have enough time to beat your last years personal record. That is if the rains come. I had to go west this morning where heavy rains hit yesterday and the day before. Will go back to the site where I hit 1000 as they also got hit very hard with the storms. Trapper

Congratulations on #100 Dews, an amazing year.
If I remember correctly, it all started with that frozen Barber half:lol::laughing:

Last edited:
Congrats my friend on reaching the century mark. Like others have said no easy task. You still have enough time to beat your last years personal record. That is if the rains come. I had to go west this morning where heavy rains hit yesterday and the day before. Will go back to the site where I hit 1000 as they also got hit very hard with the storms. Trapper

What ? Kev and I are out scouting for us all over the state getting our "you know what's handed to usšŸ˜©." And your pulling silvers at four an hour like an escaped ant eater under a picnic table at the zoo with a tipped over and broken gumball machine full of M&M's ?
What kind of hunting buddy are you anyway ?
šŸ˜œ
Dew

What ? Kev and I are out scouting for us all over the state getting our "you know what's handed to usšŸ˜©." And your pulling silvers at four an hour like an escaped ant eater under a picnic table at the zoo with a tipped over and broken gumball machine full of M&M's ?
What kind of hunting buddy are you anyway ?
šŸ˜œ
Dew
Went on a explorer myself as I had never been to this site before. A small town Fireman's Park. Could not get the headphones to go on the "Nox", put it back in the truck. The 3030 was refreshing and it was very nice not to listen to all that chatter. Walked to the outfield and thinks just started to happen. Made two back and forth passes Left field to Center things were just great and then all the excitement stopped. Hunted for two hours the same pattern and maybe made 8 or 10 digs. Just nothing that matters, almost like somebody hunted this site and stopped before finishing the field. I will go back one day this week and try Rightfield to Center to see if that works the same. Hope the grass is cut before I go back. Trapper

Itā€™s always fun going on an adventure,and if Iā€™m pointed east I know itā€™s going to be an adventure!:lol: We got KILLED in park number 1,blanked at park 2 and a tiny bit of a taste at park 3. Brad dug number 100 and I just snubbed him like he dug a zinc.:lol: I literally did not remember that it was 100 UNTIL I GOT HOME! Then I felt like a dick,but since everybody knows Iā€™m a dick already I was OK with that.
Iā€™ll put my money where my pie hole is with this: If we send 2 EQs into that first park and they clean up,I will buy one immediately. Dew and I spent HOURS in that potentially good but realistically HORRIBLE place and he found 1 Merc for all our trouble. Itā€™s a GREAT looking place and the goods should be there!! If an eTrac and CTX with pretty proficient users canā€™t find ANYTHING...and the EQ DOES and plenty of it??....game over. Iā€™ll have to consult some people on this.
Anyway,nice seeing you Brad and thanks for busting my skull,that was needed right then.:grin: Maybe we should do that BEFORE we start next time..:lol:
Letā€™s put the EQs on board and let them loose...

Back
Top Bottom