NiMH charger fail, new charger...14k & T&CO rings

Dirty Love

Elite Member
My NiMH charger quit last week, I was getting the low battery squawk shortly after starting my hunts a couple times last week. First time I thought I had gotten too far behind on my charging routine, second time figured something was wrong. The battery was not dead when I put it on the charger, but after a 20hr charge, the battery was cold and all I could hear through the phones was the unit turn on...nothing else. Metered the battery and it was at 9.5, checked the charger and got nothing. New ML charger was $8 on line.
With a fully charged battery yesterday I got to scoop up a 14k, 1.8g & a 10.5g T&Co Atlas ring.The gold ring is not stamped, but held the mark at 14k. I tumbled the Tiffany ring over night, it's the second T&Co atlas ring I've found .
DL

Attachments

• P1110131.JPG
    P1110131.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 463
  • P1110136.JPG
    P1110136.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 459
  • P1110140.JPG
    P1110140.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 441
  • P1110167.JPG
    P1110167.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 467
  • P1110145.JPG
    P1110145.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 469
Nice. Your machine was trying to get you to wait a couple of days for all those finds to get together.

Wow! That's like the atlas ring i found a couple weeks ago, but way bigger! Congrats on designer silver and gold! :thumbsup: That's some good stuff right there! :yes:

:dingding: A gold and a Tiffany silver that's just a great hunt!

That gold ring is great but I think the fat, silver, Tiffany & Co. ring would really make my day- congrats! I have found 5 T&Co pieces but none are even half the weight of your ring. :yes:

Nice job congrats! Like Ice said that Gold ring is really old probably pre 1900.
They usually have all the stones missing too.

Beautiful finds!! Congrats
Thanks Slider

Nice. Your machine was trying to get you to wait a couple of days for all those finds to get together.
Thanks DMD, A non working MD is the only reasons I would wait

Couple of really nice rings! Congrats!
Thanks V

Wow! That's like the atlas ring i found a couple weeks ago, but way bigger! Congrats on designer silver and gold! :thumbsup: That's some good stuff right there! :yes:
Thanks TK, The other Atlas ring I found several years ago is like the one you found.

That gold ring is awesome! Congrats! T&C no slouch either :)
Thanks GS, I was thinking the T&C ring was worth more than the gold one, but from what Ice & Irons are saying...I need to look in to it more.

:dingding: A gold and a Tiffany silver that's just a great hunt!
Thanks Felix

sweet Tiffany!!
Thanks cd

That gold is an oldie!

Congrats!!
Thanks Ice,...I'm positive it was a recent loss. Found in an active weekend swim area. I thought a kids plated junker, but passed 10k acid ( what doesn't?) as well as 14k. What makes it appear old to you, any thing I could look up?

<°)))>{

That gold ring is great but I think the fat, silver, Tiffany & Co. ring would really make my day- congrats! I have found 5 T&Co pieces but none are even half the weight of your ring. :yes:
Thanks C, My 3rd T&C ring and also the heaviest. Still looking for a gold Tiffany

Nice job congrats! Like Ice said that Gold ring is really old probably pre 1900.
They usually have all the stones missing too.
Thanks Irons, Any reference or style name I could look up for a comparable image? It has 2 red stones and what looks like a small pearl that is more gray in color than the pic shows.

Yeah, just like Irons mentioned the stones are often missing...

Looks old, like a few I've pulled from old areas, and not from new areas..lol..

I would call it a starburst type of setting...

<°)))>{

Thanks Irons, Any reference or style name I could look up for a comparable image? It has 2 red stones and what looks like a small pearl that is more gray in color than the pic shows.
Antique gold starburst signet ring.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ant..._fjWAhUGMSYKHYl4DfwQ_AUICygC&biw=1550&bih=742

Lots of times the really old ones are set with a rough cut diamond, or a nicer cut diamond if they are newer, say only 80 or so years old.

I found one of the 3 stone variety and it was missing 2 stones, was unmarked and electronic tested at 12 karat.

2015-10.jpg

This was a really nice real oldie. Unmarked, rough cut diamond and hand carved nugget style. It tested at 14k. I got way way over scrap on ebay for this one! :D

2015-25.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, just like Irons mentioned the stones are often missing...

Looks old, like a few I've pulled from old areas, and not from new areas..lol..

I would call it a starburst type of setting...

<°)))>{
The area would be an old beach, but a very popular beach now with both swimmers and detectors. Just a small, first scoop caught it.
will be googling starburst, thanks.

Rings that old, and older are often not stamped...

<°)))>{
That's why I like finding a UK stamped ring, so much info is given.
Thanks

Awesome hunt, congrats! :thumbsup:
Thanks X

Antique gold starburst signet ring.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ant..._fjWAhUGMSYKHYl4DfwQ_AUICygC&biw=1550&bih=742

Lots of times the really old ones are set with a rough cut diamond, or a nicer cut diamond if they are newer, say only 80 or so years old.

I found one of the 3 stone variety and it was missing 2 stones, was unmarked and electronic tested at 12 karat.

View attachment 397503

This was a really nice real oldie. Unmarked, rough cut diamond and hand carved nugget style. It tested at 14k. I got way way over scrap on ebay for this one! :D

View attachment 397504
Thanks for the info, I will look into it more, glad you and Ice pointed out the age possibility. Never crossed my mind, was more impressed with the T&Co.
WoW, that 14k is sweet.

Back
Top Bottom