Surf PI Pro, Beach Hunter ID or Fisher 1280-x for saltwater beach?

Spookydad

If you had to choose between the Whites PI Pro, the Beach Hunter ID, or the Fisher 1280-X, which would it be?

It is for saltwater beach hunting in the surf and the wet sand on Texas beaches. The beach tends to be fairly trashy in the wet/dry sand.

SpookyDad

Spooky...

If I was going to hunt the dry I would want a VLF and would use my Excal or DFX...

But if I'm hunting the wet/water its the PI PRO all the way unless I was on a beach full of iron slag and then I would use the Excalibur...

95% of my hunting is in the wet and my first choice is the PI..

I had a BeachHunterID and couldn't get used to the different tones... I'm spoiled by my PI and its 1 tone I guess :D

If you are talking trash LOL. I mean about trash then I would reccomend that you get a 1280X. From what I hear they are pretty good down your way. If you need more help please let me know.

Hello Spooky dad

If your ace works on the beach but your concern is getting it wet then check out this tread from another forum about waterproofing the ace.
http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/tek/tek_config.pl?read=2394

steve

I've seen a lot of people who have done this to the Ace 250 but I don't get it.. Its not going to get the depth out in the water a water machine will and to me its a waste of time and energy but to each their own... I'd follow an Ace user and while he found all the lightweight garbage in the shallow sand I'll be there to scoop up the deep gold :D :lol:

Back
Top Bottom