makro ?????

johnoldnewbie

Hello everyone, just joined, first post. I have been researching detectors for years and the time for buying is close. My primary goal will be nugget shooting and pretty much decided on getting 2 detectors, 1 PI and 1 VLF. I've been reading about Whites, Ficsher, Garrets and Mine Lab mostly. I just came upon info on Makro Pro, the claims made seem too good to be true ! Anyone out there have experience with these ?

the claims made seem too good to be true ! Anyone out there have experience with these ?

You just found your answer :)
Seriously, their units probably work after a degree but have you ever seen a test report about these units that was published in well known/respected publication or website?

No? Thought so. If these units are so good as they claim why haven't they loaned an unit or two to be tested? That'd be basically free advertizing.

Voriax

Thank you for the welcome and to all that replied, my thoughts exactly, how could such a detector go unmentioned anywhere, too good to be true until proven different. Thanks again and good hunting, JB

Makro CF77

New to this site, but in Uk the Treasure Hunting mag has done a field test this month on the CF77. There is also a YouTube video showing a test- not sure how independent it is. They offer three coils in the de luxe machine. They also have a web site www.makrodetector.com and are looking for dealers (they are based in Turkey). Hope this helps.

Hello All - I recently had the pleasure of witnessing a unboxing and brief testing of the Makro CF77 - Although I am not US based I have had the pleasure of using many of the different units from Minelab, Fisher, Garrett, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter, Tesoro etc and can honestly say that the CF77's are simply amazing -

The build quality alone is outstanding - I really mean it - Some serious thought has gone not only into the build quality of these machines but ergonomically they are super easy to swing - Honestly I am real finnicky about my machines but have had trouble trying to fault this unit -

I briefy tested it over my coin garden (although recently planted) it lived up to what it says it does from the manufacturer - It goes DEEEEEEP - However I can only make that observation when comparing it to my Safari & Musketeer Advantage -

Personally I think the CF77 is in the forefront of coin/relic hunting when it comes to simplicity, amazing depth & build quality coupled with a design that only a 'friendly metal detecting forum' could come up with, if given the opportunity -

Finally If you can get a chance to at least check one out somewhere, its certainly worth the time & I am sure you won't be dissapointed, if not, then do what those 'really clever people':roll: do & rubbish the !!!! out of it without even using one - amazing:lol:

The reason the claims seem too good to be true is because they are too good to be true.

Any chance you could support your claims with some actual fact?

Rubbishing items you appear to know very little about tells me a lot more about yourself sir & bugga all about the unit OP is asking about -

I find it hard to believe that you are an administrator here -

Do what logical people do - at least try the product before rubbishing it
That way you could possibly pass on valuable information & NOT rants based on emotion -

The MAKRO CF77 like I have previously stated, is all that and more for around $750USD it certainly has a place amongst the well known brands -

No I am NOT an agent, reseller etc just someone passionate about metal detectors - Australian, USA, China, Turkey, Russia made? - I dont care - I simply test them to see if they can do what their manufacturers claims they can do for myself - then pass that information on to those who want it

Sure I could of saved fist fulls of $$ by keeping my money in the bank & taking a stab in the dark on how well a unit goes - but thats NOT me -

Check them out for yourself - they are all that and then some

Rubbishing items you appear to know very little about tells me a lot more about yourself sir & bugga all about the unit OP is asking about -

I find it hard to believe that you are an administrator here -

And your retort, sir, tells me a lot about you. Have some manners, question an opinion, but don't attack the person or you will not be long here.

I stand by what I said about the inflated claims made for this detector.

The standard kit is about $750USD - A fellow enthusiest here purchased the CF77 to see if they do what the manufacturer states - He, like me, was impressed with the build quality, design & depth & now he has informed me that he is about to purchase MAKRO's JEOHUNTER 3D DUAL SYSTEM purely on the confidence he gained by actually physically checking their gear out -

I would love to be in a position like this guy as money seems to be no problem -

However I am happy plodding up the ladder of metal detectors to own & the CF77 has certainly sparked an interest in me & I look forward to their next unit turning up in a week or two -

$1600USD Hmmmm ......... A nice chunk of change to go towards an ATX me thinks;)

thanks for that Rudy -

http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/other-electronics/other/auction-685747177.htm

As many of us foreign buyers have been hampered by purchasing US manufactured gear (unable to buy from US resellers direct) we have no alternative but to try from companies that do ship internationally -

In doing this we have seen firsthand the quality of alternative suppliers to be better than expected - IMO the moves by the big US Metal Detecting manufacturers to limit their dealers to sell only locally is having a reverse effect on combating counterfiet goods internationally -

We have also conducted our own thorough tests regarding the counterfiet T2's & the GoldFinder2 (which is also a very good clone) - The reason we can carry out testing like this is that our forte in detector choices have been hampered therefore we have to look at alternative suppliers -

I also would like to apologise to you Rudy if you were offended by my post - I did not intentionally try to personally attack you sir, however I do get fed up with people forming opinoins on products without so much as even seeing or using what they are talking about -

That IMO causes so much miss-information on a product thats not warranted - Personally I come here to suck knowledge from you & the many many other intelligent people on FMDF - The USA to me are the masters of this hobby - I am simply a grasshopper:roll:

I also would like to apologise to you Rudy if you were offended by my post - I did not intentionally try to personally attack you sir, however I do get fed up with people forming opinoins on products without so much as even seeing or using what they are talking about -

Apology accepted.

Its great to see the many satisfied Makro CF77 customer reviews online -

Simply amazing depth ......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&v=0EkWJTJerLI&x-yt-ts=1421914688#t=171

I look forward to the release of their NEW Makro Racer - Touted by respectable US users as the next big thing in metal detecting -

Got to love this innovative manufacturer who appears to be setting the standard for the rest to follow -

Exciting times ahead

Manufactures like Garrett, Whites, Fisher, Tesoro & Minelab have an established presence with the clairvoyant customer and repair service methods....regardless of being in the United States or international. That alone should speak volumes to you.

Second, you've seen a response from Rudy, a member whom I encourage you to research former posts. THere you I'm sure you will quickly agree that Rudy has contributed nothing but unbiased and neutral responses -- responses that often times protect the interests of "FMDF" members, i.e., you and me!

Finally, to answer your original post's question, the manufactures website for the Makro detector does not disclose specific details on the machines components, but instead portrays a wordy "sales pitch" about how good it is. In contrast the aforementioned manufactures listed above will disclose very specific details that lend transparency to exactly what you are purchasing. So for brevitys sake, if we disregard all that and concentrate soley on the likely performance of this Makro detector with consideration to it's MSRP and compare it to an equivalent priced multi-frequency or PI machine for said mfg's, I see no way it can compete in depth, features, or available aftermarket accessories.

Manufactures like Garrett, Whites, Fisher, Tesoro & Minelab have an established presence with the clairvoyant customer and repair service methods....regardless of being in the United States or international. That alone should speak volumes to you.

Yes it certainly does however both Makro/Nokta also have their customer service setup in such a way it makes it even easier for customer service and support if needed -

Second, you've seen a response from Rudy, a member whom I encourage you to research former posts. THere you I'm sure you will quickly agree that Rudy has contributed nothing but unbiased and neutral responses -- responses that often times protect the interests of "FMDF" members, i.e., you and me!

Again I apologize if I had caused offense to Rudy or anyone for that matter and in hindsight I should have worded my response a little better to the following post - "The reason the claims seem too good to be true is because they are too good to be true." - Now I mistakenly had taken that as a statement and not an opinion, however opinions are better offered if its based on fact - I totally respect virtually all members here because I am trying to learn as much as I can in the shortest amount of time - I also have found FMDF to cater for this as the members are brimming with knowledge which again, as you eluded to, earns a certain amount of respect from fellow members - Yet if the very same members do the opposite i.e. rubbish the product without so much as reviewing one, then it turns out to be a winner, how does that reflect on the member who originally bad mouthed a product?

Finally, to answer your original post's question, the manufactures website for the Makro detector does not disclose specific details on the machines components, but instead portrays a wordy "sales pitch" about how good it is. In contrast the aforementioned manufactures listed above will disclose very specific details that lend transparency to exactly what you are purchasing. So for brevitys sake, if we disregard all that and concentrate soley on the likely performance of this Makro detector with consideration to it's MSRP and compare it to an equivalent priced multi-frequency or PI machine for said mfg's, I see no way it can compete in depth, features, or available aftermarket accessories.

The manufacturers website is setup better than a lot of the well known brands with a huge selection of support videos and information for any potential purchaser - I tend not to get into the hooplah from manufacturers websites that much as I prefer to get my information from independent experienced users when they review the product - I have found both manufacturers websites & people who don't know what they post about to be the most frustrating in researching an unbiased opinion on a product so I understand what you are saying, however I have not based my opinion by hanging off their website - There is more than enough information out there to see how well the product preforms -

Thank you DnD for at least making me think about how I should be responding to posts in the future - Cheers;)

I look forward to the release of their Makro Racer

Johnoldnewbe, you sparked a little debate here and that is good for all of us. I don't have any exp. with the Makro . The problem I see here is that Manufactures don't provide head to head testing, all the vids I see are by independents without controls for fair testing. Try to find proof that pinpointer A is better than B or headphones or MD's. They will spend tons of money on vids with nice music scenery and pro hunters . How hard would it be for them to have certified test fields and go head to head? Look at the debates on head phones, posters feud all the time why? Manufactures will not go head to head with scientific equiptment that has been around for 100 + years.
I know we all can have strong feelings and may speak from personal testing knowledge , but the truth is unless we have controlled scientific type test , it is all unreliable comparison .
I respect that the posters here are trying to help, this is the Friendly Forum and I think the best on the web. Guy's keep the information coming
Please post any certified head to head testing you may come across .
HH

Back
Top Bottom