Had the NEW Quest Q40 out Sunday

Sven

Elite Member
Had the new Quest Q40 out Sunday. Field testing. A quick run down.....

It will find Canadian clad, it will find them to 6", deepest of any coins we found to day at the hunt site. There were targets past 9", I quit digging for.

Excellent feature set, Comfy handle, balances well with the 9x11 coil, stable operation, easy to navigate menu. Found no programming issues. I like it.

Found as many coins and amount as a friend did with his AT Pro in the surface to 6" depth range. Not implying its better than the AT Pro. Just using it as a reference point as many are owners of an AT Pro.

And I dug a ton more trash as I needed to learn how this detector react when locating a target. Target ID's were easy to grasp........

In the end found about $8, two rings, one silver.

Overall, a wonderful detector.

Now if I can get a 5x9 and or 5" coil for it, think it could really be a trashy area clad magnet.

Todays finds not bad for a school that more than likely was hunted pretty hard in the past. Had another pile of trash to match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m02jcPtVzc

Attachments

• q40a.jpg
    q40a.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 541
  • q40 aug 20 2017.jpg
    q40 aug 20 2017.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
How well is it balanced? Is it nice to swing?

Depends upon how long you extend the lower rod. If you like the coil 15" in front of your feet, like any other detector with an epoxy filled coil 9x11 size it will feel coil heavy. If you extend the lower rod so the coil a few inches or so in front of your feet, its balanced. You can swing it all day, even with my problem wrist. Now like the orig Quest Pro, when a 5" coil is attached, its so much better than any lightweight Tesoro. The orig Quest Pro with a 5x9 NEL on it balances really nice.

The Q40 is one detector with the stock coil, you wouldn't mind swinging all day.

I've been wondering about the Quest brand detectors. They were Deteknix but changed their name to Quest. I have the xpointer pro from them and so far I have experienced fantastic customer service from them. Will be looking for more reviews and experiences.

Oldest coin- 1958 wheat penny.

I am pretty fussy, perfectionist all the way around. Generally if I am happy with a product and passes my requirements, in this case, I don't think anyone who buys a Q40 will be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom