• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Headphones for big head.

johnstac

I've been having a heck of a time finding a good set of headphones that will fit on my big head. This is a problem I've encountered when I was looking for headphones for computer and music listening as well. Now for music, I have excellent headphone but they are considered, "open air" which allows all the outside sound to come in. Since I'm at the beach, it can make it really hard to hear.

The only true metal detecting headphones I've tried are the Grey Ghost brand but they were so damn tight, I couldn't handle it for more than maybe 30 minutes. I also have a set of Bose noise cancelling but at $300, I really don't want to expose them to the sweat and salt air. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. The other issue is that I need volume control and not sure what to use. I see that Garett makes the Z-Lynk which has volume control but I don't really need the Bluetooth option; especially at over $100.

I gotta great big head too, and this is indeed a problem...In fact, my head is so frigging big, Monstrous even....Even as a child when I was in Little League, no batting helmet would fit me...The coach made me wear an empty 5 gal pickle bucket from the concession stand..Not kidding! :laughing:.

Well, as a detectorist with a massive noggin, I supersize with you Brother! So I wear an Underarmour Beanie, or some sort of knit skull cap, year round!...It keeps my ears from getting all pinched, it keeps the top of my bald head from getting sun burned...plus, I can soak it in water and it acts like a swamp cooler of sorts...

I run GG NDT phones with the dual volume controls...Yeah.. they seem to be the best or me, comfortable, balance the tones...great big old noggin...my poor Mother...

I have a fairly large dome myself. Normally can't purchase ball caps off the shelf because they're too small.

I bought Black Widows from detectingMO and they fit me perfectly. I only have them expanded 75% of the way too.

Back
Top Bottom