AT Pro Sensitivity

gfbohn

No biggie ... just kind of curious. Let's say for dry land in standard coin mode ...
what sensitivity would you run? I know there are a lot of variables but again ... just curious what experienced AT Pro users set it at.
Thanks,
Greg

If the area allows, full sensitivity, if not I knock it back one bar, but I've only ever done that once...I run full sensitivity personally.

Basically you will get 50 answers, and why... but all comes down to the LOCATION and how stable your machine is at that location. If there is low mineralization and no wifi or other emi, then you'll be able to use max sensitivity

If the ground is highly mineralized, close to power boxes, or another emi source you will maybe crank it down a notch.

As they say "your" mileage may vary... Quiet machine? Crank it up... Overly noisy machine? Crank it down...lol

What ever sensitivity you use, you want a stable machine that is not overly chatty :)

Depends on where and how I'm hunting. If out in the woods where targets are few and far between I run it wide open as long at it remains semi stable. If chatty I'll knock it down a bar or 2. For sportsfields if I'm just out for a clad stab I'll only run about 5 bars on it. Still don't use any discrimination since I don't like the way it cuts out on iron falses. Would rather just hear the iron and not the brief non repeating high chirps. That's just my personal opinion.

never use coin mode you will eliminate many gold rings if your digging pop tops and foil your on the right track

I'm pretty new to this but, from what I've found the higher you can get by with the better. It will depend on the soil content and any interference. If I'm hunting an area and my machine is noisy I'll drop down a bar or two. There is an empty lot near me that seems highly mineralized or something. Couldn't get the darn thing to settle down at all. dropped down to four bars and that did the trick.....HH Oh, and make sure you ground balance every time you start or change locations....

I usually keep mine one notch down from full sensitivity , the difference between that and full isn't very much but I feel the machine generally seems more stable that way. Sensitivity don't necessarily equal depth , especially when you are talking small adjustments.

In really trashy ground though , turning the sensitivity way down helps a LOT.... the signal from the coil is less affected by items around the outside edges of the coil giving you a cleaner signal on the good stuff. I will go all the way down to just one bar at times when the trash is thick. Going that low with the sensitivity will usually reduce depth significantly but in trash that thick you don't have much depth potential anyway unless you clean all the trash out first.

Back
Top Bottom