Converted truck tool box to MDing box

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Had nothing in it but junk, and I was considering buying a second box I could take in and out, would have been a metal truck box, and could have secured it to the truck when needed.

Instead, I dropped a 3/4" plywood floor in this box, added a center divider, and ends, then firing strips between them, and built the upper trays which just nest on the top. I can lift the entire thing out, as nothing is fastened to the box, I just have to pop the shocks off the lid to allow it to open far enough to lift it out.

I keep a small throw rug on top of the coils and detectors, which prevents them from bouncing around.

P8180061.jpg

P8180062.jpg

P8180063.jpg

P8180064.jpg

I was hoping you'd see it, didn't want to hijack your thread. I'll end-up with a 2nd box, just didn't have the extra $$ right now, and only have about $30 in this.

I am paying close attention here.

I have to make some thing to carry detectors safer.
Especially when weather is threatening.

I was hoping you'd see it, didn't want to hijack your thread. I'll end-up with a 2nd box, just didn't have the extra $$ right now, and only have about $30 in this.

Here is phase one. I'll probably split the long section. I'll be adding rod holders on the other side for my fly rods.

Thanks for the inspiration.

BCD

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 344
Looks good BCD! Looks like you got a "gull-wing" box? That would be easier than one like mine, and easier access.

I specifically went for gull-wing in order to be able to get at it from the sides better. Really liking it. Thanks for the great ideas!!!

BCD

Back
Top Bottom