What a year for tornados!

Ed in KC

Forum Supporter
I don't know if you've heard, but a tornado struck a Boy Scout camp this evening in Little Sioux, Iowa, killing four scouts and injuring many more.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25107608/

Every red box on the radar below represents a tornado warning--this has been some year!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 105
My prayers for all those harmed by this really strange weather that had been going on so far this year.

That was an awful thing that happened at the Boy Scout camp.Weather is very strange this year, a couple of days ago we had a tornado warning. First time ever that we have had a tornado warning up here (upstate New York), we were lucky that it missed us, it did hit a couple of towns about 40 miles away from me. The warning really freaked out my daughter, she carried boxes of food/flashlights/jugs of water/radio/etc. down to our cellar - about the time she got the last of the stuff down in the cellar the sun started shining and the clouds moved out, oh well it kept her busy for awhile and took her mind off of what could of been. I feel for you folks out west that has alot of tornado's & hurricanes. Steve.

From the Kansas City Star this morning:
Kansas has had 172 tornadoes this year
Iowa- 134
Missouri- 127

Deaths this year:
Tenn.-31
Ark.- 20
Mo.- 19
Iowa- 12
Ky.- 7
Ok.- 6
Ala.- 6