I just graduated!

Sony wasn't any smaller when they lost the Betamax battle to VHS. There were a lot of other factors to be considered besides size of the company. After all, HD had microsoft backing and as we all know, that company is no midget. The biggest thing that allowed Sony to succeed was forcing anyone that wanted a PS3 to buy a Blu-Ray player. Personally, I have a Samsung BD-UP5000 player and it will play BD or HD-DVD as well as upconvert SD to 1080i. I am absolutely loving those $6 HD-DVD's right now :D.

By the way, my other stuff..........

Samsung 61" DLP
Onkyo TX-SR805
KEF QX front speakers with a KEF center
Mirage Omnisat surrounds
SVS Subwoofer
Squeezebox wireless music streamer

My next purchase is going to be an upscaling Oppo DVD player since I have quite a few foreign discs that my Sammy cant play. No one has figured out an easy hack yet to make it region 0, and I'm not sending it in for some witch doctor to swap chips.

Oh, and in case you are looking for a BD disc to test your new TV's, check out Shinobi. The visuals are amazing and its stunning on a nice HD screen.

Well buddy it seems like you have everything. Now, do you have a TiVo? If not, you have GOT to get one! They are the coolest ever. I changed out the stock hard drive replacing it with a Seagate 1 Tb hard drive and also added another Seagate 1 Tb hard drive. I get 2777 hours of standard definition recording time or 292 hours of HD recording time. I can't even decide which I love more: my LCD HD TV, TiVo, or Dell m1330! So I take it since you are a PS3 person, you like PCs right?

-Pete

no TiVo.......I did have it before when I was in the states with good HD cable. Now, I live in Japan. My options for cable/dish services are limited. I can get Japanese cable, but its expensive and not that great. I do have AFN (air force network) but the quality isnt very good and there are only about 20 channels. What I do have is a Slingbox hooked to a cable box in my parents spare bedroom. So, I can get American cable that way. But its a pretty new technology and even at its best its still streaming video over the internet. The quality is fine on a 22 inch monitor, but it gets ugly quick putting it on a TV. Definitely no HD this way. The box it is hooked to is the comcast DVR so it does have DVr capability that way. For the video quality and having to watch it on a computer monitor, i just couldnt justify keeping TiVo.

I have neither a PS3 or a 360. Last system I bought was an X Box and I played it for all of 10 hours and it was never turned on again. I guess I just always find something else to do besides video games. I'm thinking about getting a Wii though. They look fun.

As far as computers go, I have up until now been a PC person. However, the laptop I have now is falling fast and I am looking at Macs. I still havent decided which way to go.

Congrats on graduating by the way! I graduated in 2001 and still remember it like it was yesterday. It still stands as one of the best days of my life.

Back
Top Bottom