THANKS to SENIOR MDers for all the great advice!

kyserman

Thanks to all the fine coin and relic hunters who have been with this forum for a long time and continually offer their help and advice based on years of experience.
Ive only been swinging about a year and enjoy it very much. It's been very helpful, even therapeutic for me. I call each recovery a 'Little victory'. Everybody needs one..
What do you senior forum members think of the current state of the hobby? I know it's gotten a lot more visible thru DIGGERS and other treasure-related TV shows and online sites. Have there been many changes based on the recent commercialization?

I'm sort of new to the Sport myself, there was a lot of chatter when 'Diggers' and the various spin-offs hit the air on all the Forums...If I had to say something, most of the Seniors didnt like the exposure these shows gave the Sport...lots of funny and violently opposed dialog going on!

Some guys commented that they lost areas to hunt, had people reference these shows when they asked permission, had their parks dug up to be damned by Noobs inspired by what they saw on TV...etc...I cant remember any positive feedback where the Seniors thought these shows were beneficial to the overall view of our Sport, or helped them in any way....

You mention that you Detect at a party, and somebody will say they saw these TV shows, and figure you are another dope that swings from trees and rolls around when you find a penny...so I stopped bringing it up in general conversation and if somebody asks what my hobbies are, I say "Golf" ...:laughing:
Mud

Woo! Anytime! If you haven't found my cut strip thread. I would...

Back
Top Bottom