Hunt #7...silvers on the coil

Captain Silver

Elite Member
The rain ended around noon so I geared up, grabbed the Elite and headed over to the Briar Patch Woods for the 7th hunt of the season. This is the only time of year one can attempt to detect them because of the thorns and other growth that chokes the place... You won't find any Felix pennies, not many people have been back here since the 70's...but you can find silver:yes: everything...a bottlecap, 2 pulltabs and a key spill:lol: $1.71 in dirty money, one wheat a '55 Nomad wagon and the 2 silvers #9 and #10... Until the next outing, thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting!

Very nice outing Bruce. Your taking advantage of the time and conditions for this time of the year. Congrats on the two Rosie's and I just love the Nomad. Jack

Congrats on another good hunt, Captain. That spot looks like a few of my spots that can only be hunted in the winter. Clean it out while you can.

Looks like the Sov. is running good in the woods. I also was thinking of taking mine out in the woods. What settings you using ? (I.e...) auto/max depth, all-metal/disc. ? Thanks for any tips you maybe able to give me. DAE

Looks like the Sov. is running good in the woods. I also was thinking of taking mine out in the woods. What settings you using ? (I.e...) auto/max depth, all-metal/disc. ? Thanks for any tips you maybe able to give me. DAE

These are the settings I use, with one exception. I'll back the sens knob from 10:00 to the 9:00 position...max sens, just out of auto...when I'm turf hunting for deep silver. Otherwise it's just turn the volume knob full on, close the cover and go. I use Band 2 because it gives more accurate meter readings on nickels than Band 1 does...

Thanks , I will try the woods out. DAE
These are the settings I use, with one exception. I'll back the sens knob from 10:00 to the 9:00 position...max sens, just out of auto...when I'm turf hunting for deep silver. Otherwise it's just turn the volume knob full on, close the cover and go. I use Band 2 because it gives more accurate meter readings on nickels than Band 1 does...

Back
Top Bottom