How do YOU convert your clad coins to cash?

kyserman

After washing $165 of clad coins (quite a few pennies were pretty toasted)I went to my Bof A to count and deposit said coins. They informed me they no longer have a coin counting machine(!?) It's a BANK fer corn's sake. She said now I have to count it and roll it, then they send it downtown to be verified ('Yep, those are coins alright..") and after a week they deposit it into my acct. Actually, Im not here to rant. Im just wondering how some of you convert your clad into cash?

I have an account at TD bank and use their coin counter.This summer I jammed their machine and when the clerk opened it up and cleaned it out in a bucket,I ended up with about $30 more clad than I put in and 5 40% halves that I put in my pocket!

My Coinstar at Wally World does NOT charge the advertised 10% you may think it does...it gives you a paper printout and you just cash it at the register. You don't get any whining from tellers about how dirty this or that is and the coins that shouldn't have gone through are coughed out. Works great...then I go shopping like I was there to do anyway. And...there's always the glimmer of hope that you'll find someone else's silver coins they didn't take with them. I have scored a 64 Rosie out of mine so far.
It's best to go right after you've gone detecting so you're all mudded out and it looks to others like you just found all those coins:lol:

Tumble it and then I roll it and deposit it. Deposited $3216 earlier this year. Yep took time to do it but I'm not willing to give up the 7% fee. Would have been over $200 and I worked too hard harvesting those coins to do that.

Have over $35 in damaged coins I need to take to the Frederal Reserve and redeem. :gettinmoney:

Had a Navy federal credit union account since the seventee's. I tumble and dump it in the coin machine. for free. If you don't have a bank with a coin machine, find one and ditch your old bank. Who the heck is gonna roll coins these days? Bank quit giving away free coin rollers years ago. Heck you spend some clams on coin rollers. Not me man!

Had a Navy federal credit union account since the seventee's. I tumble and dump it in the coin machine. for free. If you don't have a bank with a coin machine, find one and ditch your old bank. Who the heck is gonna roll coins these days? Bank quit giving away free coin rollers years ago. Heck you spend some clams on coin rollers. Not me man!

Same here. Credit union member; I tumble the coins, toss the half-corroded zincolns, try to "flatten" the mower-damaged coins back out with a hammer, and then take them to the credit union to run through the coin machine.

Steve

Tumble it and then I roll it and deposit it. Deposited $3216 earlier this year. Yep took time to do it but I'm not willing to give up the 7% fee. Would have been over $200 and I worked too hard harvesting those coins to do that.

Have over $35 in damaged coins I need to take to the Frederal Reserve and redeem. :gettinmoney:

Say WHAT?!?! $3216? I could metal for the rest of my LIFE, and not come up with that much clad!!! Where do you detect -- IN YOUR BANK'S VAULT?!!

$3216?!?! I'll take my meager $55 in clad from this past year, that I just cashed in, and buy me a nice "participation trophy" or something, I guess! I'm not doing this right, apparently! :laughing:

Did you add your total to our year end clad count?

I don't! A decade with a detector, 5 years of that as a serious obsession, and I still haven't cashed any of it in. I keep it in a treasure chest for display. That being said, I typically Relic hunt on private property, woods and fields. I rarely find clad anymore. Shotgun shells are the zincolns of the Relic hunter, except no on will give you a penny for the LOL

It's best to go right after you've gone detecting so you're all mudded out and it looks to others like you just found all those coins:lol:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Coinstar and use the amazon fee free option.

My wife then gives me cash for the amazon coupon because she has decided her job in life is to keep 2 or 3 factories in china running full tilt producing plastic landfill fodder she must have and stack up in every nook and cranny in the house. :roll:

Coinstar and use the amazon fee free option.

My wife then gives me cash for the amazon coupon because she has decided her job in life is to keep 2 or 3 factories in china running full tilt producing plastic landfill fodder she must have and stack up in every nook and cranny in the house. :roll:

Hmmm this is interesting...I'll have to take a look at that...I hate thinking about that 11% charge for the reason stated by ChipK it sure adds up to some money when a guy is a clad killer..a decent clad killer in a good area should be pulling close to 1k per season, so there goes $100 to the Coinstar!.
Mud

I dont let them build up. I bought this thing at the dollar store.its a plastic tube for each denomination, I just slip the paper roll over the coins,done in about 5 seconds, the wife takes care of the rest:lol:

I spend mine every morning on energy drinks. I don't find much clad though. I save the copper penny's in a parking meter coin bank that takes about two years to fill then I'm off to coin star. The zincs that are not toasted get rolled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say WHAT?!?! $3216? I could metal for the rest of my LIFE, and not come up with that much clad!!! Where do you detect -- IN YOUR BANK'S VAULT?!!

$3216?!?! I'll take my meager $55 in clad from this past year, that I just cashed in, and buy me a nice "participation trophy" or something, I guess! I'm not doing this right, apparently! :laughing:

Rofl!!!

I've never cashed in any clad I've dug.

But if i was going to.

Wally World.
Run through their hopper-- take the receipt and go buy groceries or something inside their store. No fee as far as I know, unless you take the loot and run.

I spend mine every morning on energy drinks. I don't find much clad though. I save the copper penny's in a parking meter coin bank that takes about two years to fill then I'm off to coin star. The zincs that are not toasted get rolled

I find a bunch. Do use a lot of quarters at the Laundromat. Sometimes green. Figure one day the guy who tends the Laundromat will catch me and throw me in a dryer.:lol: Copper pennies I started putting in plastic tea/lemonade bottles and use them for door stops until we can scrap copper pennies one day.:lol:

I find a bunch. Do use a lot of quarters at the Laundromat. Sometimes green. Figure one day the guy who tends the Laundromat will catch me and throw me in a dryer.:lol: Copper pennies I started putting in plastic tea/lemonade bottles and use them for door stops until we can scrap copper pennies one day.:lol:

Alot of people I know spend it as they find it on coffee , gas, & batteries but I roll all mine and deposit it. Havent had any issues yet, as long as they get a good tumble first.

Back
Top Bottom