I thought it was neato

Kapi

Forum Supporter
The real is fake, found in the same area though but then again I live in a tourist area where these are sold in the shops locally. For fun, I put it in the photo to show size but in case you can't tell the coin is about the size of a nickel.

The copper piece though I think is NEATO! Because, to me, it looks like the hole is square shaped :)

It may be nothing but I like it and it's going into my treasure display if Mr. Carrot does not keep it as a shield. I think he and Mr. Shell went off to test it out. :)

Attachments

• July 17 19 Copper.jpg
    July 17 19 Copper.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 257
  • July 17 19 Copper 2.jpg
    July 17 19 Copper 2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 249
  • shield.jpg
    shield.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 259
Yes, there is some souvenir cobs floating around. They get sold in tourist shops (like the Mel Fisher museum, etc...).

Fortunately, if you study google images of "souvenir" + "cob" etc.... , you will get images of the various types. And ... hopefully put-to-rest any fear that one you find might just be this modern pocket-loss type.

The copper piece could very well be an old piece of ship sheeting. They used old square hand forged nails to put it in place also. Maybe it came off an inonclad ship? You will never know.

Back
Top Bottom