Into the 1800s!

Congrats! In my opinion a very underrated coin. Love V nickels!

Congrats! Been 10 years and I've never found one of those beauts!

Attaboy Jim, congrats on the Buff and your first V nickel and the fact she's your oldest makes it a particularly sweet find. She has some decent detail left on her. I love digging old nickels. Again congrats and now on to some old shiny or Ihps. Good luck Mark

Congrats on breaking the 1800's barrier with a nice "V" Nickel.

Huge congrats, Jim!! Welcome to the 19th Century club - definitely not so easy to do, especially in certain areas of the country!

Great recovery on that V nickel! Even more fun when it’s a “surprise” find like that! I agree with ynnek, V’s are truly an underappreciated coin. For me, it’s one of those coins that screams out age when you see it, just like Indian Head cents - it’s probably a combination of both the design and the patina, but if you show a IHP or a V nickel to someone, they almost always realize that it’s an old coin even before they see the date :cool:

Anyways, you’re really doing things right - if you’re recovering those old nickels and breaking into the 1800s in your first season, then Indians, Mercs, Barbers, and Seateds won’t be far behind :cool3:

Very nice! Congrats! I would guess most people get into the 1800s by way of an Indian Head Cent.

Agreed. Not an easy coin to find, much less one from the 1800s.

Congratulations. Good work on finding your first 1800's.

Persistence always pays off....

Congrats on a V in nice shape!

Congrats on the 1897 V! It looks really nice. :yes:

Congrats Jim on breaking the 1900 barrier. Also on digging your first "V" Nickel. That coin was my white whale and it took me 9 years to dig my first. Very happy that you accomplished that feat a whole lot faster. Trapper

Congrats on the V. I'm still looking for my first.

Congrats on the breakthrough to the 1800`s :thumbsup:

congrats on your find,,, if that was hiding that deep,,, there are others hiding down there as well,,, don't give up

BIG congrats on finding one of your bucket list coins! She’s got some good detail left.:yes:

Nice job Jim! pre-1900 is my new goal as well. Congrats on breaking that barrier.

Thanks all! I'm still pumped about this coin!

I went back yesterday and found another nickel... couldn't read it but it looked old... but this one was a 1972 Jefferson. LOL It was deeper than the 1897 V.

Way to go! (I hit 1900 on the nose today, my oldest coin by 44 years). Story later when I get pics. :)

A big congrats on your first 1800's coin !

Finding the oldest coin you've ever found is a day you won't forget !

Good Hunting !

If your finding v nickels Indians are sure to follow they can jump around on the vdi some

Back
Top Bottom