Cold Weather But Digging Silver Stays Hot

Record for most pics in a thread has been broken. Congrats!:lol:
Glad you found success this weekend Trap, the weather was just terrible, in case you didn’t notice. I can deal with cold as long as the ground still digs. To have 33 degrees, rain/sleet AND a 30 mph wind to drive it right into every orifice...not cool. Once your stuff gets WET, the temp+wind will get you. You probably know this though...it sucked. I barfed a couple dimes but nothing worth reporting. I’ll be starting a thread on detecting CINDERS though...and that may take us places in the spring.:yes:
This late season run has been great, next weekend might be a go as well! It’s great to see the silver in its natural habitat...nice work with the pics. Next up...the GoPro!;)
Thanks Kevin. What a great weekend. Got out all four days although Sunday the really cut the hunt back. Snow and wind gusts put a lot of dampers to the enjoyment. Went through two pair of gloves in just 7 holes. You will have to call me about this new thread and this possible next weekend. The Go pro may be something for you tech guys, I'm having a tough enough time holding the camera still and try to get a focused shot. Trapper
Wow! You and that CTX really have been running hot lately! Very cool looking fob there. The old signet ring and the GW sandwich had to be some fun digs! Hopefully you get some warm enough temps to keep some sites open for you for a while.
Appreciate you kind comments Blaise, thank you. The CTX has performed amazing for me. It has been very consistent in telling me I'm over those deep targets. I always love digging Sterling, just wish it happened more often. Trapper
You’re finishing this year super hot even those your weather is cold. Just amazing you his the 250 mark this year and if your weather holds you might just get to 300. That fob is awesome, I like finding those things sometimes more than silver. Congrats on the finds!
Thank you Jason for your kind words. I agree totally with you about digging Fobs, Tokens and Indians. Wish I'd get my coil over a lot more of them. I don't think 300 is in the cards but if we can get another warm up I guess anything is possible. Trapper

Wow! Couldn’t ask for a stronger Finnish to 2019 Trap.
Maybe the snow will be a bit of a blanket and keep the ground Workable for a few more .
Each one is a bonus when it comes to December.
That new camera doesn’t seem to slow you down at all.
I know your fans love the silver photos but I think more IDX and Dewsweeper action shots would get you a little more views and comments .🤔
Just sayin .😎 We are pretty darn easy on the eyes .
Great work buddy.
,Dew

The sliver master ? The silver surfer ? I think you might need to ask vic to change user names because i think we all know who the true COIN WHISPER around here is!:laughing: Great job as usual trap. And seeing all these coins you pull is just going to cost me money and you know why. I won't say nothing or else this will start all the mine is bigger !!!!:laughing:

I love looking at those in the ground pics of all your silver! Heck, you're dirt doesn't look any colder than the dirt we have down here.:laughing:
Congrats on all the silver Trapper!

Awesome digs as always! That ring looks like the Atlanta Braves “A” to me! Cool all around !
Thank you for your reply Digger. Thought the "A" looked familiar. I grew up a Brave's fan and followed them even after their move to Atlanta. The Ring is only my 2nd Signet Ring in my 10 years of digging. Trapper
25 silvers in just 6 hunts is phenomenal, thats a half year or better take for most. Attaboy Trapper you definitely have great silver streak going. Keep it up. God bless. If you don't hit 300 this year I'll bet it will be close. The ring is pretty sweet also. Good luck. Mark
Appreciate your kind words Mark. I put in a lot of hours in those six outings Mark as only one of the hunts was less than 4 hours and 3 of them were 6 hour events. We are now back in another cold spell so might not get much digging time for a while again. Anyway I don't think 300 will be in the future for this year but I do hope to get out and add a few more to the total. Trapper
Hi Ho Silvah! You have been really cooking there Trapper, in spite of the cold temps! Congrats on reaching a new plateau for this year, 250+ that is great. Have not been out here since my last Missoula detect almost 10 days ago... go get 'em and keep that burner on hi!"
Thanks David. I don't think I can be any hotter. Have not had a bad hunt in seven weeks. The CTX has just been talking my lingo, whispering the sweet signals of deep Silver and putting a great big grin on my face. Trapper

You are certainly on a roll !!:yes: Glad to see your persistence paying off. Most people would have quit considering the cold weather. You are proving that learning your detector and putting in the effort can result in some great finds. Congratulations !!!:D

Congratulations on the finds and silver.
Thank you Jerry for the reply. Hope the marathon of pictures were pleasing if not repetitious. Guess I got a bit carried away waiting to long before posts.:yes: Trapper
Wow! Couldn’t ask for a stronger Finnish to 2019 Trap.
Maybe the snow will be a bit of a blanket and keep the ground Workable for a few more .
Each one is a bonus when it comes to December.
That new camera doesn’t seem to slow you down at all.
I know your fans love the silver photos but I think more IDX and Dewsweeper action shots would get you a little more views and comments .🤔
Just sayin .😎 We are pretty darn easy on the eyes .
Great work buddy. ,Dew
Appreciate your response Brad, thank you. Your right about the hunts this time of year and we should cherish any time allowed as each is a blessing. I also agree the mass of Silver pic's are a bit redundant and I could add some glamour to the post with some celebrity shots. Wonder if Bret and Anthony would like stepping into the spotlight as they both would draw a lot more attention than some grizzled old farts like you, me and Monster.:lol:Trapper
The sliver master ? The silver surfer ? I think you might need to ask vic to change user names because i think we all know who the true COIN WHISPER around here is!:laughing: Great job as usual trap. And seeing all these coins you pull is just going to cost me money and you know why. I won't say nothing or else this will start all the mine is bigger !!!!:laughing:
Thank you Mike for all the kind words. Think I'll stay with the handle as it was what the wife selected when we first entered the forum. And being known as Trapper goes back to my childhood. Geez, Hope I never grow up much less old. Besides Vic has earned his handle many times over throughout his years in this hobby. Guess I got a little picture happy in this thread but the truth is I did this for Tom in Cal. as he says he never tires of seeing the in situ shots. If you do decide to go spend the money, plan on spending the time. It was the formula that has worked for me. Trapper

Love seeing all that silver! What an amazing run Trapper! Congrats! Hope the weather holds out and you hit 300! I am hoping we can meet up and detect when I come up to the tundra but old man winter might beat me there!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love looking at those in the ground pics of all your silver! Heck, you're dirt doesn't look any colder than the dirt we have down here.:laughing:
Congrats on all the silver Trapper!
Appreciate you reply Scott, thank you. I think I got a bit carried away with all the pictures but am pretty thankful to have them . I think its going to be a long cold winter so it will give me lots of reminders of the fun of Silver in the hole. Wondering if Travis is doing okay as I have not any seen a posts from him for a while now. Trapper
Congrats Trapper! Great bunch of outings. Its been 3 weeks or so since ive been out. Hope to get out on Wednesday. Happy Hunting
Thank you Jonny for your reply. The last 6 or 7 weeks have been nothing less that outstanding for me. Good luck to you on your next outing. Trapper
You are certainly on a roll !!:yes: Glad to see your persistence paying off. Most people would have quit considering the cold weather. You are proving that learning your detector and putting in the effort can result in some great finds. Congratulations !!!:D
Thanks Rich for your kind comments. I have found out in life that to find success you have to do the work needed. It is a easy lesson to learn but not so easy to follow up on. Committing the time and effort is not always that easy but it has to be done. It has always been that way for me. Trapper

Congrats on all that silver Trapper,you definitely are gonna have a incredible fty pile of bling..my hats definitely off to you
Thank you Pete for your kind words. The season has been a lot of fun and has some great rewards in it. Today looks to be the last hunt of the year unless Mother Nature decides to bless with a major warm up so after this post I'm heading out one more time. Trapper
Wow nice finds... I really like that pin.
Appreciate you reply Jason, thank you. The American Legion Convention Fob is a really neat find, always like finding history like that. Trapper
Love seeing all that silver! What an amazing run Trapper! Congrats! Hope the weather holds out and you hit 300! I am hoping we can meet up and detect when I come up to the tundra but old man winter might beat me there!
Thank you Ben. Would have liked it if Mother Nature would extend our season one more week. I would liked getting in that hunt with you. We are suppose to get freezing rain followed by snow tomorrow then the Ice Box door is closing on us with high temps in the teens the following two days. It truly looks like Wisconsin's detecting season is coming to a abrupt end. Hope we can make one in the future. Trapper

Wow! Congrats on all those neat finds, Trapper! :shock:

Appreciate your reply Garrett, thank you. Over all I had a pretty fantastic year and just a unbelievably amazing fall. It has been well over 2 months since having a hunt without at least one Silver Coin. I have been truly blessed. Trapper

Dang Trapper, your a machine! Never disappoint!

Congrats on that fob and ring - very unique and cool. The pile-o-silver is the whipped cream on the pumpkin pie (time to pick one up again I suppose!). Super congrats man.

Great pictures and hunting!

Nice finds Trapper! The ground is starting to freeze up here in northeast Ohio. I was hoping for one more day of detecting before the ground is frozen, but judging by the 10 day weather forecast, I think its time to hang up the detector until March.

Back
Top Bottom