Old ww2 tootsie toy??

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Amanda dug up this old Tootsie Toy jeep yesterday. It was absolutely covered in dirt and I wasn't sure how to clean it up so I used a tooth brush and hot water. The details on it are still super sharp and overall it looks pretty clean! The wheels say Tootsie Toy on all four of them, and there are a couple letters underneath I cant make out due to the dirt. I found one on ebay that matched this one but it was in horrible condition. Does anyone know what year this particular jeep was made???

Attachments

• 100_3653.jpg
    100_3653.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_3654.jpg
    100_3654.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 158
Looks to be from the 1950s. Esty has this one on their site for $4.00. Hope this helps. Nice find !!!:yes:

Attachments

• Tootsie Toy.jpg
    Tootsie Toy.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 172
Finally getting warmer, last weekend we had 80 degrees, today got to 75 degrees, perfect detecting weather.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nice! Man I sure miss the winter weather there LOL!! Up in Montana, winter is a whole new ball game! But the summer's not to bad..

Nice recovery of history and a nice job with the clean up. I love digging toys of times past. Some of the Tootsies date back to the 30's. Glad to hear you used water and a brush when cleaning as the axles on these toys rust and get very weak and break easily. Congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom