To ‘Nox or Not to ‘Nox? That is the question…

I didn't want to keep 3 water machines. I prefer running the larger coil on my modded Excal and I find that I don't care for silent search as threshold noise is much better for my undiagnosed ADD! :yes: :lol:

I believe you're confusing me with another member of this forum the "scoop and detector collector". :laughing:

Am I ? I'm sorry... it gets very confusing around here :lol:

I did some research and liked what I saw so I ordered a package deal for $1260 with included a Minelab pinpointer (which I needed a backup) a bag and some other nonsense but got it within 7 days. With 100 hours on it, it’s the best detector I’ve ever owned. Wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the chains all of a sudden start showing up in posts I may purchase sooner but that hasn't been the case so far.

^^^ what he said. It's tempting, but I'm not much of a dirt digger and the GT, Excal, and CTX are great for me. If I want light, I use my hip-mounted SovWOT with the CF shaft.

Raider Regards,

R5

I think I'll get the 600 but only when submersible headphones are readily available and have positive feedback. I really need a backup for my excal.
Most of the time I dirt hunt when it's overcast or raining so it would be a great replacement for my Deleon which I put a baggie over in the rain. I'm in no hurry though I really like my Deleon.
I'm looking forward to see how the nox performs for Scuba while constantly being submerged 8'/9' deep.
Good luck everyone!

Not yet David! Soon, very soon! You'll know school's out by the title of my 1st post which'll be something like "1st Summer Gold"! ;):lol:

Right behind you Felix. My students last day is May 30th and for me June 6th then it’s beach time. GL out there and may the first summer gold come sooner rather than later

Right behind you Felix. My students last day is May 30th and for me June 6th then it’s beach time. GL out there and may the first summer gold come sooner rather than later

My daughters teaches have been doing a countdown to summer daily for the past week and a half :laughing:

Teachers must be so insanely burned out this time of the year.

Felix / OBN

Advantages over your other machine capabilities are much more advanced , there are a few that have bashed the NOX on this thread using the word Cool aid , even some that said they were getting a Nox for land hunting :laughing: , then some that continue to crack Jokes on my behalf , really what it comes down to is this, it's not the machine, scoop, or how much they hunt that makes a man, it's the enjoyment you get out of the hobby , when you do GET out, it's not about if you find gold ,or NOT, it's not about a hunter that finds gold on a regular basis -vs one's who don't , and then comment on the hunter's who don't do well , Felix the Nox is another tool, Multi frequency vs your machine set at around 17 khz's is a big difference, being waterproof to 10 foot, has a ID screen , the 800 with 3 head screen light opions vs the 600 with one, 800 with more setting's,a nice Wireless headphone set, with the module, would be my choice if you get one, my opinion- it never will replace the Excalibur's, won't replace the CTX3030s, dry sand, and wet, it's a game changer for lightness , i am still waiting for the 15 inch coil to come out, and the water temp to rise , as it's 58 degree's here now, approaching Mem. Day weekend, not good. It look's like it takes a month now to get a 800 so if you want one by the end of June i suggest you order now from Phil , it's not built like a CTX3030 , nor has the killer ID system like the CTX, however it's not heavy like it. It's a little nose heavy now with the 12 inch, i am hoping it's not real bad with the 15 inch, as the CTX3030 with the 17 coil at the beach over 4 hour's , your arm feels like it's gonna fall off without a assist , last it's not about how many machine's you have, if you want it, can afford it, add another good tool to your arsenal, disregard all those who comment on you buying something you want , as they sit back , and review thread's ALL the time I SEE , on this machine :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing: Every Bodies life is different, recently i discovered another roof leak, went to the attic were i discovered a trash can were the previous owner was catching water around the sewer exhaust pipe , were it was still leaking, however i discovered a new leak were the flashing was screwed down, getting it fixed next week, as in my computer room i notice the water stains, i just got my house re done after flooding :( also my air condition stopped working in my truck, great timing, ya never know what's going to happen next in life , so enjoy it, i have had several hobbies over the year's , Tennis when i was younger , football all county, body building, martial art's, hunting, fishing, crabbing , motorcycle dirt and road riding, and metal detecting on , and off since 1976, whatever makes you happy go for it Felix, life is short, happy hunting. PS --- OBN ---????? do you want to go up to CT .---for another stink mud hunt, i have the urge to find all those gold chain's that the hot shots--- left behind with my Nox , Earl :lol:

Advantages over your other machine capabilities are much more advanced , there are a few that have bashed the NOX on this thread using the word Cool aid , even some that said they were getting a Nox for land hunting :laughing:

This post is just blah, blah blah and I am talking about the first paragraph... I didn't read the rest. … post all the wonderful things this new detector has been found by you? No excuses lets see all silver and gold its put in your pouch? Oh you haven't found anything yet? That is right a silver coin I think.. :roll:

And btw its Koolaid :D

What ever

:laughing: it's all good , what do you like best , Cool- Aid- kid, or Old School the best :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :?::?::?::?::?::?: PS you claim you want a NOX for land hunting, the CTX3030 is your ticket , all the gold find's , snow plowing, :gettinmoney: reward yourself like Felix , and I :lookclose::detector::pirates: PS WHEN OBN POSTS all his gold finds from last year , i will post what i found, not until, it's a :secret::nono:

Last edited:
Earl it must take hours to type your post up, amazing! Let's see how you do with the NOX in OC MD then talk about next year, next year. I'm happy right where I am, The Chesapeake Bay.

Yet to see any NOX's here...

Joe

Water temp 58 degree's, why don't you Mr. T Up , you and your girl Gold Up, and take the polar bear plunge howboutit , seed the beach, ill show you what i can do , since you take interest ON WHAT I CAN FIND- OR NOT .:dingding::realitycheck: PS in stead of location now Maryland :lol: from OCMD , Just change it to location -- Chesapeake Bay since your only coming down to Ocean city one time this year to see your buddy :D Here is another guy nick named Ring Daddy with a treasure chest filled with gold find's in a safe deposit box , retired. Idea since your not going to spend it, cash it in, melt it, Barry it like a real :pirate2: than have the big hunt for the hoard of loot, like the millionaire out West did HOWBOUTIT :yes::D Just give me the inside scoop on what block you buried it on is all i ask :laughing: :workforgold:

Last edited:
This post is just blah, blah blah and I am talking about the first paragraph... I didn't read the rest. … post all the wonderful things this new detector has been found by you? No excuses lets see all silver and gold its put in your pouch? Oh you haven't found anything yet? That is right a silver coin I think.. :roll:

And btw its Koolaid :D

I commend you on reading 1 paragraph. I only read the 1st few words then saw how long the post was. :shock:

Carribbeanson

For your information, there is a limit on the forum for the amount of word's one can post, no rule broken here, you as a member don't have to read all post's posted, maybe you might want to spend more time thinking how to water proof your future NOX better :laughing: , even though it has a 3 year warranty :roll: , happy hunting, by the way, i was one of the 1st to respond to your thread on this issue, :laughing:, than you comment on my post for how long it was :roll::dingding::crazy::clap:

For your information, there is a limit on the forum for the amount of word's one can post, no rule broken here, you as a member don't have to read all post's posted, maybe you might want to spend more time thinking how to water proof your future NOX better :laughing: , even though it has a 3 year warranty :roll: , happy hunting, by the way, i was one of the 1st to respond to your thread on this issue, :laughing:, than you bash my post for how long it was :roll::dingding::crazy::clap:

:) ;):grin: :mder: love you long time buddy :) :friends:

That"s Better

It get's boring on here if you don't get the blood pumping, :laughing: , Ps ---Tip you all-way's start with the administrator :D Craig thank's for the correction from cool aid, to coolaid , as you will notice i don't use the word much , as you can , come on down for some white sand hunting , stink mud , nose clothes pin hunting- without a Nox with coolaid , must be getting old :D Felix , just get a NOX , before Craig get's Noxious with coolaid withdraw's :D:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS warning though , your zinc penny count will drop, as the ID is a dead 21 :shock::shock::shock::shock::lol:

Since it’s been slow on here recently I have decided to share my thoughts on the Equinox from what I have read here and the videos that I have seen. Many of you out there are singing its praises, a few have had some glitches that may be expected when any new machine that hits the market, others are waiting for theirs to arrive and many others are sitting on the fence “waiting it out”. Some of you are probably very happy with whatever you got and won’t even consider one. I am in the camp of it’s not something I need…yet! I would never get a Nox to be my water hunting machine - for that I have my modded Excal (“Merlin”), SS (and just sold CZ). I am not big on dirt hunting, especially now that my Scouting days with my son are over, but I do like to dry sand hunt. The detector that I have for that and enjoy is my Deleon. The Deleon with its 3x18” Clean Sweep Coil is just a killer for me covering large swaths of real estate on the beach. Its drawback is that it’s a heavy coil and will pain my arm on an average 4-hour hunt. Another minor drawback is that it’s not waterproof. I have the rain cover for it and when I know there may be a chance of rain I stick in my pocket. Herein lies the niche, or rationale for me on why I would consider getting a ‘Nox. All of you that have been out there hunting with it are praising its lightness. I can see a time in the future where the Deleon with its CSC would just not work for me to swing anymore and the ‘Nox could step in with an oversized coil that is also light. Waterproofness is a plus as well as the ability to hit wet sand and maybe go in the water if I wanted to – something I cannot do with the Deleon. Usually, I know when I am going out to detect I plan on whether it’s going to be a dry sand hunt or a water hunt and choose what I believe is the proper tool for the job. What the ‘Nox would seem to give me is more versatility on my options should a different type of hunt present itself. That and my rationale for why I would consider getting one is why its a consideration for me…just not yet! ;)

Good commentary. As a general rule, I don't buy within the first few months of a product out, but all signs point to "yes" if I wanted to change equipment at this point.

For me, though, I've loved my AT Max upgrade from the AT Pro. I do salt-water beaches about once a year, so it's not a major thing for me, and since 100% of my home-bound detecting is in less than 6" of soil, or 12" of bark in a tot-lot, there's really no reason at all for me to switch. Especially since my big NEL Thunder worked fine on the AT Max, and I can swing that sucker for 6 hours if needed.

Booyah. Happy hunting, ya'll.

SkippyHS13

Not to say anything bad about your AT Max, but Calabash did a nice comparison on the ATmax and the NOX, it just couldn't beat the NOX out. I do like the Garrett Carrot however , along with the Pro Find 35.

Since it’s been slow on here recently I have decided to share my thoughts on the Equinox from what I have read here and the videos that I have seen. Many of you out there are singing its praises, a few have had some glitches that may be expected when any new machine that hits the market, others are waiting for theirs to arrive and many others are sitting on the fence “waiting it out”. Some of you are probably very happy with whatever you got and won’t even consider one. I am in the camp of it’s not something I need…yet! I would never get a Nox to be my water hunting machine - for that I have my modded Excal (“Merlin”), SS (and just sold CZ). I am not big on dirt hunting, especially now that my Scouting days with my son are over, but I do like to dry sand hunt. The detector that I have for that and enjoy is my Deleon. The Deleon with its 3x18” Clean Sweep Coil is just a killer for me covering large swaths of real estate on the beach. Its drawback is that it’s a heavy coil and will pain my arm on an average 4-hour hunt. Another minor drawback is that it’s not waterproof. I have the rain cover for it and when I know there may be a chance of rain I stick in my pocket. Herein lies the niche, or rationale for me on why I would consider getting a ‘Nox. All of you that have been out there hunting with it are praising its lightness. I can see a time in the future where the Deleon with its CSC would just not work for me to swing anymore and the ‘Nox could step in with an oversized coil that is also light. Waterproofness is a plus as well as the ability to hit wet sand and maybe go in the water if I wanted to – something I cannot do with the Deleon. Usually, I know when I am going out to detect I plan on whether it’s going to be a dry sand hunt or a water hunt and choose what I believe is the proper tool for the job. What the ‘Nox would seem to give me is more versatility on my options should a different type of hunt present itself. That and my rationale for why I would consider getting one is why its a consideration for me…just not yet! ;)

Felix I like your rationale here! You sold me on the CSC for coverage and I am looking forward to dry sand hunting next vacay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your a beach guy wait a couple months for the fisher manta you will be glad yiu waited

your a beach guy wait a couple months for the fisher manta you will be glad yiu waited

Manta sounds like a great machine but from what Alexandre recently posted, the depth is about that of a dialed in Excal. It's good but not impressive. Another unknown is if that depth can be controlled. Meaning, if I was looking for fresh drops, I want a meter to use or dial the machine back so I'm not digging old junk 9" deep. They are still yet to work out the battery issue and make the design light weight too. Lots of unknowns

Back
Top Bottom