my BEST coin roll hunting EVER out of the coin counter half dollar bag!

351maverick

Elite Member
so I was at my bank yesterday & it had been a while since & bought the bag of halves out of the coin counter machine - I have found that is the BEST way to find the silver, right out of the bag!

the bag cost me $768.50...but I immediately saw several 64s & 40%ers right through the plastic - I know it was going to be good!

here's the totals after searched:

6 1964
4 Benjamin's
23 40%ers

also 15 Canadian $2 coins - I LOVE those as we go to Niagara Falls every year for our anniversary

and a 1938 one penny & a 1977 UN PESO Mexican coin

...was the best half bag I've done so far....heading to the other bank branches tomorrow :)

DSC01483.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

DSC01484.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01502.jpg

Very nice work! Good sack o coins! I have a question.. I asked at my bank, and was told the coin machine rejects all silver coins, so they would not be collected by the "machine guy" Is this not the same for all coin machines??

stupid question.....so when you are done sorting through them, do you just deposit them back into your bank account?...or coinstar them? or what?

today I'll take them all back to the same branch of my bank & dump them right back into the same coin counter machine - it's a free service for members

I keep track of when I dumped/how much & only do it about once a year at each branch so I'm not sorting MY sorted coins lol

Very nice work! Good sack o coins! I have a question.. I asked at my bank, and was told the coin machine rejects all silver coins, so they would not be collected by the "machine guy" Is this not the same for all coin machines??

hmmm...I never heard that

Obviously whoever said that did not know what they were talking about! Perhaps some machines are set up to reject them while others take them????

But not ALL machines reject them! Otherwise how would all those be in the bag?? HA HA

Congrats on a great bag find! Most of us who CRH post in the What's the Value section. You will get more comments there cause the CRHers are looking more in there for this kind of report!

must be a td banker I have buy accident had a game token in my bag of coins and it counted it as a nickel

Congrats on the score of silver halves. I have had great luck with the bags. They are the way to go. You got a great one there

How did it come to $768.50? Bags are $1,000 unless you bought a partial bag. If so, I have never had a bank allow me to buy a partial bag.

stupid question.....so when you are done sorting through them, do you just deposit them back into your bank account?...or coinstar them? or what?

Yup just dump them back. I never take them to my buy bank though. I only bring my buy bank cookies. Do not want to hurt my relationship with them. Bring coins back to them and you may start getting charged to use the service. I have 4 dump banks that I spread my dumps out at. That way nobody is overwhelmed. They get cookies from time to time as well. :)

Most machines do not reject silver. I have found hundreds of silver coins from circulation, so whoever told you that was ignorant. I have heard the coinstars reject silver, but not bank machine as far as I have come across.

I buy the partial bags...I'm very good friends with all the girls at the bank branches, especially the branch managers...so they are more than accommodating!

I can say with 100% certainty that coinstars reject silver quarters. :). I know they reject silver dimes too.

Back
Top Bottom