True purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usa

Elite Member
Dont get me wrong,ilove detecting but sometimes i think i spend to much time on things that wont matter at all 100 years from now.it is a great hobby but i dont want to get so wrapped up in it that i loose site of lifes real purpose,pointing others to Jesus . Istill spend multiple hours each week detecting but i must remember to keep my priorities in propper order.

The previous poster made a valid point, outreach can be incorporated into part of your daily routine, whether out shopping, doing outside hobbies, or whatever, you can be sensitive to those who might be hungry for meaning in their life, it is shared, but not pushed on people, those who are hungry will respond. (just talking in general, not at you are anyone specifically)

I agree totally, sometimes you can turn people away because of pushiness lack of tact.

Go detecting with others and be a good example and you won't have to be pushy. People notice when you have something special about you. You can be a dirt fisher and a fisher of men.

Good points, in my younger wild days well meaning people could talk to me but until I was ready to make a change in my life I just stored away in my mind what they said. We are to be the "salt" of the earth, salt makes people thirsty, if we live so people can see the joy and peace we have been given then people who are ready will become thirsty for what we have, Jesus "drew" people to Himself, no one needed to be pushed to Him. We plant the seed, God gives the increase.

It is true that we should live our lives in a Christlike manner, but also we can't forget to share our testimony's and pass out Gospel tracts to your local church. Just curious, what church are you guys members of?

..'We seek what is Lost', and we are very good at it...We do indeed get into places and meet people to share with that would never get it any other way...A guy has to be sensitive to the Spirit and recognize the opportunity while out afield...

I dont share the gospel or salvation message with everybody...just when its obvious that this is why I was sent here... Its as the Spirit commands..He says, THAT ONE! OK, on it Sir...Thats the only reason I was sent to this location this specific point in time..., talking to this particular person, to uplift, encourage, brighten up somebodies life, listen, and share the simple message of Salvation to a pre-ordained and selected target of the Holy Spirit.....

...Would somebody else besides me have been a better choice, a better witness, and do a better job? ABSOLUTELY!...But hey...They dont typically get up at 4am and go wandering around in drug infested areas looking for pennies, dressed like a bum and smoking...Undercover, deep in The Enemy's territory...a witness to the wreckage of Lost and Captive Souls...Getting in and possibly pulling one out unnoticed?...Yeah...thats how I look at it....called to be a Surgical Spiritual Sniper, not a Crowd control shotgunner...

Sometimes the Spirit has to use the only tool available, even if its not the right one for the job...Its the only tool on hand..Thats Me! Not the sharpest or brightest tool in the shed, but a tool none the less!...:laughing:.

Attachments

• cross2.jpg
    cross2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
While i agrre with you on that,i beilive that door knocking is a invaluable to of th christian.not being rude or intrusive but kindly and meekly delivering the message.i also believe that he has specific people for us to wittness to.-may each one reach one as a challenge for the immediate future.

While i agrre with you on that,i beilive that door knocking is a invaluable to of th christian.not being rude or intrusive but kindly and meekly delivering the message.i also believe that he has specific people for us to wittness to.-may each one reach one as a challenge for the immediate future.

I strongly disagree, I despise door knockers. Too many times they have woken my sleeping toddler, interrupted dinner, etc. Same reason why I hate phone solicitors. I don't mean just religious door knockers, I mean all of them. I'm a registered voter as well and hate how they feel they need to bother me to try and persuade me to vote a certain way. I suppose some people don't mind, but I'd prefer people not come to my property and bother me with solicitation.

Occasionally I get a knock from somebody genuinely interested in something, for example they noticed some old Jeeps on my property or something of that nature, that doesn't bother me. Solicitation is my main issue. I don't like to be hounded as I walk into or out of the store either. Maybe I'm just cranky, maybe I don't like people, but I'm less likely to give to a charity that intrudes upon me. Be present, sure, if I'm interested I'll approach you.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now :lol:

This thread is in violation of forum rules... If these posts continue down this road... the thread will be locked and possibly deleted.

2. No Politics, Religion, Sex, or Drugs
- Discussions of politics and religion inevitably lead to arguments, so they are best left to other political and religious forums on the web.

This thread is in violation of forum rules... If these posts continue down this road... the thread will be locked and possibly deleted.

2. No Politics, Religion, Sex, or Drugs
- Discussions of politics and religion inevitably lead to arguments, so they are best left to other political and religious forums on the web.
If this thread is in violation, should it not be locked to prevent further discussion? It's pretty clear the intent of the thread.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Dont get me wrong,ilove detecting but sometimes i think i spend to much time on things that wont matter at all 100 years from now.it is a great hobby but i dont want to get so wrapped up in it that i loose site of lifes real purpose,pointing others to Jesus . Istill spend multiple hours each week detecting but i must remember to keep my priorities in propper order.
You can accomplish a good service towards others each time your out metal detecting. You can be helping children with special needs or helping medical research which aides all of humanity. Or perhaps help out a family in your community facing hardships, perhaps through no fault of their own.
Thats what I do by donating all the clad I detect over a year to a charity of my choice. I tell myself "I'm Metal Detecting for Charity." It gives a new dimension to metal detecting. Those lost coins I placed in my pouch now have a greater significance because of what they may accomplish. Perhaps something to consider.

THE TRUE PURPOSE of this forum relates to metal detecting and not get tied up in the Evolution/Creation conflict. Thread should have been LOCKED long ago IMO.
Marvin

This is a metal detecting forum.. having had this thread reported by several members its now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom