Lots Of Snow

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
I got up at 6 and looked out to see about a quarter inch of snow, no problem. Around noon almost 1 inch. Started reading a book and 2 hours later when I looked out the window there was a lot of snow. Very wet so I hit it with the snowblower most places were about 8 inches. The local police called twice to say stay off the roads(like you could see them under 12 inches of snow). I had a couple of nice cedar trees in my yard, but the weight of the snow ripped the branches off.

You know what they say, " When life gives you cedar build a kayak" This should be fun.

Ugh....we are getting it now in NH. Been snowing most of the day and really piling up now. Better days ahead. Stay safe and HH

I guess up north y'all need to get the shovel out to detect :lol:
snowmd.jpg

We escaped the snow here! First the weather forecast said 1-3, then 3-6, then 6-12 and we got zip! I want to be a weather person, get it wrong 75% of the time and still have a job!

Bummer! Here in West Michigan, We got a little skiff is all....huntable up to about 6"...A guy can see their tracks and do a proper grid, so a little snow comes in handy as long as the dirt is soft...Gotta bag coil or the snow balls up on it and makes it weigh a ton...the pics explain it..

The perfect situation for a Metal Detecting Addict to max his years on this Planet would be to chase the seasons, hop into a little town and hunt it, move with the weather.....thats the idea..RV?...

Attachments

• bag coil-2.jpg
    bag coil-2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 81
  • bag coil-4.jpg
    bag coil-4.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 77
  • bag coil-5.jpg
    bag coil-5.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 85
  • bag coil-1.jpg
    bag coil-1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 78
Well the good news is I found my truck. I knew it was in one of the snowdrifts. Lost some branches on some trees in my front yard, but a 35 foot cedar tree in my back yard lost almost all the branches on one side. This snow was so wet that my clothesline was 3 inches thick.

Well the good news is I found my truck. I knew it was in one of the snowdrifts. Lost some branches on some trees in my front yard, but a 35 foot cedar tree in my back yard lost almost all the branches on one side. This snow was so wet that my clothesline was 3 inches thick.

Hey, you just needed to use your detector to find your truck :laughing::laughing::laughing:
snowwalkdetect.jpg

Bummer! Here in West Michigan, We got a little skiff is all....huntable up to about 6"...A guy can see their tracks and do a proper grid, so a little snow comes in handy as long as the dirt is soft...Gotta bag coil or the snow balls up on it and makes it weigh a ton...the pics explain it..

The perfect situation for a Metal Detecting Addict to max his years on this Planet would be to chase the seasons, hop into a little town and hunt it, move with the weather.....thats the idea..RV?...

Even in the snow, what would you do without your trusty coin poppin' screwdriver Mud ? ....better keep extras just in case :laughing::laughing::laughing:
mudsdiggers2.jpg

I was watching the local news and found out I got off easy. A town about 6 miles away got over 23 inches, I got about 12-14 inches. Now the weather channel says there's another storm on the way, it would be nice if it gets colder so the snow isn't so heavy. But really 3 nor-easters in less than 2 weeks is a bit much.

I was watching the local news and found out I got off easy. A town about 6 miles away got over 23 inches, I got about 12-14 inches. Now the weather channel says there's another storm on the way, it would be nice if it gets colder so the snow isn't so heavy. But really 3 nor-easters in less than 2 weeks is a bit much.

Imagine living outdoors?....Nakid and afraid? Big storms roll in and go on for days sometimes...Just what would a fellow do? Dig a hole, crawl in it, cover up with leaves and ride it out? I dont know how people lived back a couple centuries ago? Surely they had weather back then? No Bic Lighters! No internet! No cell phones! Couldnt even order a gosh darn $5 pizza delivered!! What did People do? How did they survive?

Nights lasts forever for a Human Bean out of doors..It aint no fun at all either, and the Weather dont help one diddly damn!...This is one tough Planet on a Human Bean...we are so fragile...no mercy....

I admit I did not get my mailbox dug out until late afternoon, so the mailman passed my house yesterday. Today my father caught him, Billy said the storm was bad and most junk mail wasn't delivered. I told my father that if something important was in the mail it would have been delivered to our door.

I went to school with him for 6 years, My father sends get well cards to his daughter who is in bad shape after a stroke. I also get my mail early if I see him in the deli at lunch time. Just realized I've known him for 42 years, boy time flies.

Back
Top Bottom