A good week, many Montana silvers etc etc

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
With ideal detecting conditions here in Western Montana, I've been giving the AT Pro quite a workout in the last week. And a good week it was, I am thankful to have recovered 17 silvers, lots of Wheat pennies, and a good haul of clad, plus some other cool stuff. Today I pulled the Walking Liberty out of a parking/curb strip (was surprised and delighted as I thought it was going to be one of those teaser high tones and numbers that turned out to be some sort of chromed metal), and one silver Rosie. Yesterday was a Silver Nickel, a Silver Rosie, and a good looking Barber Dime! Also found on that dig was the LaFollette / Wheeler 1924 Presidential campaign pin, and the Washoe Copper Smelter / Anaconda Montana souvenir. A small sterling ring with a pearl came out earlier in the week, and also the JCL pin which is sterling. These initials represent the Junior Classical League, an organization founded in 1936 to further interest in the classical Greek and Roman cultures. The other coins I had already put in holders as I found them last week, but you can see the dates and types. Lots of Mercs, a Buff, a nice 1895 "V" nickel, some Rosies, and a cool 1922 dated "25th Anniversary of the Alpha Zeta" organization, which turned out to be a fraternity of people in the Agriculture and Natural Resources field.

Anyway, I had a TON of fun getting out and detecting, and want to wish everyone happy hunting and get out there as there is a lot of good stuff waiting to be found!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 589
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 414
  • coins3.jpg
    coins3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 408
Nice job on the finds. I had to look twice as I found that same presidential pin at an old 1 room country school a few years ago here.

Some of the front yards here look so juicy, you just know there are some goodies to be found if permission can be given! But nothing super old, I can only imagine how nice you Midwest and East Coast detectorists have it, with Large Cents, Bust and Seated Coins, Spanish Silver and more, wow!

I lived in Bigfork near Flathead Lake, for 3 years. I didn't have a detector then, but I wonder now what was in the mountains around there. On one occasion I found an old cabin in the woods and I am sure there was something there worth finding.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom