I Left 2 Silver Coins In The Ground Today

beephead

Elite Member
I decided to go back over some some curb and sidewalk strips in an older area of town that I've detected numerous times before to see what I could unearth with my new CTX. I'm still winging it and still have a lot to learn on how to properly operate a CTX, but I'm still managing to dig some good targets with it.

Almost from the get go I dug a 1928 Standing Liberty Quarter. That made my day right there because they're super hard to come by especially one with a readable date. I don't know how I missed that one. I must have been sleeping when I went over that area before. It wasn't a great signal, but still.....

My next find was a 1937 Buffalo Nickel. It must have been on edge or something. I was getting a wacky high tone audio signal and a high bouncy VDI number. I was shocked to see a nickel pop out of the hole. It took some work to get it out from between a big root and the edge of the sidewalk.

My next find was a 1935 Mercury Dime that I managed to nick with my digger. There was a lot of trash around it and I was having trouble pinpointing. It may have been on edge as well. Nicked or not, I'll take it!

My next find was a 1964 Washington Quarter. It was down around 7 inches deep and give a great signal. No walking by that one, but that sucker was hard to recover. It was under a deep root. I also pulled a memorial penny out of the same hole. I must have been snoozing on that before as well.

I had a couple of targets that without a doubt in my mind were silver coins. I was getting VDI numbers of 12- 44/45. The audio was tight and sweet. One was near a magnolia tree and the roots were a solid mass and there was no getting though them. The second one was near a large tree were two huge roots were crisscrossed making it impossible to get to the target. One day, maybe a hundred years from now, after the trees are gone, someone will recovery them.

My next project with the CTX is to run back over those same exact areas using the 6 inch search coil. I think it will find even more silver.

Thanks for looking!

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 707
  • IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 624
WOW, thats a nice hunt right there and Great finds. Congratulations. You are going to want to hunt everyplace youve ever hunted now that you have that machine.

That will sure boost your confidence in the new machine! Great job and cool pics!

That was a good hunt. Nice silver coins are one thing I almost never find.

WOW, thats a nice hunt right there and Great finds. Congratulations. You are going to want to hunt everyplace youve ever hunted now that you have that machine.
Thanks! I was getting a little short on new places to hunt. Now I can have fun going back over sites that I have already detected.

Wish I could dig a Slq!
You just have to have goods sites to detect and a lot of luck.

Nice finds bud! Love the SLQ!
Thanks! I just love that eagle on the back.

That is quite the "clean up" job! Congrats
Thanks! I didn't get to hunt long, all this pollen is causing me to get sinus headaches.

That will sure boost your confidence in the new machine! Great job and cool pics!
Thanks! I'm still not sure if I got the detector running correctly or not, but it keeps on churning out silver coins.

That was a good hunt. Nice silver coins are one thing I almost never find.
Thanks! It's mostly about location. If the silver coins aren't there, you're not going to find them.

That's some tough digging around them roots, You definitely earned those, the SLQ is sweet! Congrats!
Thanks! The ones that I couldn't get out of the ground worked me the most. I'd give up, cover up the hole, swing the search coil over it again, get a great audio and VDI number, and then try again. Finally, I just said to hell with it. lol

Wow...just wow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I get lucky every once in a while. Mostly when I go detecting. lol

That SLQ is beautiful !!! Congrats on a great hunt and all your finds.
Thanks! I'm wore out and my sinus from all this pollen is killing me, so I may not go detecting tomorrow. Then again, I may wake up feeling great.

beephead

Awesome hunt. That stander would have been enough by itself, congrats on the bonus silver finds!

Nice haul! Especially nice, considering you are doing rework. Sounds like excellent practice, so you'll be dialed in when you do hit fresh ground.
Keep rockin' the CTX...we're all "rooting" for ya:laughing:

Nice hunt. Congrats.

At a hunt at an 1890s home I gave up on what I’m positive is a silver half. Roots everywhere. Gave it about 15 minutes and said nope I’m done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, the CTX is a great machine. That is a great day. You have a lot of work to do now going over all those old spots.

Nice hunt. Congrats.

At a hunt at an 1890s home I gave up on what I’m positive is a silver half. Roots everywhere. Gave it about 15 minutes and said nope I’m done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be back there with a pick axe, saw, pry bar. And I would not be taking any prisoners.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom