• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

computer crashed

Corence

After a long break from Metal Detecting, I am back in the game.
Month or so back, my computer crashed and I lost all my saved links.
I have found quite a few, but the one I am trying to relocate is a one room school and old churches GPS coordinates.
Cant remember where I found it .... anyone know what I am talking about?
Thanks in advance.

Do you know what a computer and an air conditioner have in common?

When you open windows, they both stop working.

Good luck on retrieving everything. I have a program that does a great job if you haven't reloaded windows on the same drive that crashed

Nothing worse than trying to find all those links again. Here's a tip for everyone to avoid such a headache.

Most of us have an email provided by our provider. In may case it's Cox. Send a copy of all you links, pictures documents to yourself for storage on the Provider's server. Next time you PC crashes and you get a new PC or the old one back up and have lost your stuff, you can quickly retrieve them from your email.

Nothing worse than trying to find all those links again. Here's a tip for everyone to avoid such a headache.

Most of us have an email provided by our provider. In may case it's Cox. Send a copy of all you links, pictures documents to yourself for storage on the Provider's server. Next time you PC crashes and you get a new PC or the old one back up and have lost your stuff, you can quickly retrieve them from your email.

Or maybe just do regular backups. If my computer crashes I can be back up and running in a couple of hours with pretty much all of my stuff.

What actually happened was my Firefox did an update, and when it was done it actually reinstalled Firefox to original settings. I lost everything.
Oh and the links above were not what I was looking for.
The page I had had GPS coordinates of 1 room schools and old churches.
Thought I had originally found it here on this site, but apparently not.

Back
Top Bottom