I Left 2 Silver Coins In The Ground Today

I have what I think is a half dollar or dollar thats stuck under a huge bunch of roots. the owner who is 80, said his grand father would place silver halves and dollars out on the front lawn for Easter. Its at a farm I detect often so I usually go over the spot each time with my AT pro. Hear a perfect tone that reads 91-92. Then carry on knowing its to hard to get.
Its kinda depressing.

Some day maybe.

Yeah! Maybe get your hands on a pull saw?...one of those blades off a tree trimmer thingy thats on a long pole would work quite nicely! Just unbolt it from the pole of course or buy some sort of thin blade pull saw.....It would be light and fast to rip through the roots...

Last edited:
What a great hunt - congrats !

I think most of us have had that happen - you go back to a site that you feel you have pretty much "hunted out" (that never really happens) and you ask yourself how the heck did I miss these great targets ?

Lots of variables - A different machine, coil, program, not fully over lapping your swings, hunting the site coming in from different angles, obstacles in the ground hiding the targets like rocks and roots, targets that are on edge, moisture in the ground or lack of, etc.

I have what I think is a half dollar or dollar thats stuck under a huge bunch of roots. the owner who is 80, said his grand father would place silver halves and dollars out on the front lawn for Easter. Its at a farm I detect often so I usually go over the spot each time with my AT pro. Hear a perfect tone that reads 91-92. Then carry on knowing its to hard to get.
Its kinda depressing.

Some day maybe.
We got to leave some silver coins for future generations.

Yeah! Maybe get your hands on a pull saw?...one of those blades off a tree trimmer thingy thats on a long pole would work quite nicely! Just unbolt it from the pole of course or buy some sort of thin blade pull saw.....It would be light and fast to rip through the roots...
Mud that sounds like a lot of work! lol

What a great hunt - congrats !

I think most of us have had that happen - you go back to a site that you feel you have pretty much "hunted out" (that never really happens) and you ask yourself how the heck did I miss these great targets ?

Lots of variables - A different machine, coil, program, not fully over lapping your swings, hunting the site coming in from different angles, obstacles in the ground hiding the targets like rocks and roots, targets that are on edge, moisture in the ground or lack of, etc.
Thanks! Like you say a lot things change that make recovering a coin possible. I've hunted the same site again with the same detector and still find stuff, but CTX is on a different level. It's finding stuff that has me scratching my head in wonder.

You gotta be loving the ctx by now and it’s only gonna get better too! Congrats!!
Thanks! I'm just winging it! I'll get it figured out sooner or later.

Very nice finds! A shame you couldn't reach those last two Targets though.
Thanks! I'm just happy that I found what I did. Also it was gorgeous day and I was enjoying myself.

Great finds!
Thanks! I'm a happy camper.

Man your a silver magnet! Congrats! Enjoy your posts!
Thanks! I enjoy getting out and taking pictures.

there must of ben some vending food truck there back in the day. that big tree really makes the shade for it. anyway just a thought.
I was wonder how people manage to lose so many coins.

Just starting back after years out. Inspiration my Friend!:cool:
Thanks! Good for you for getting back into the hobby. Reading other posters' finds gets me fired up as well.

You're doing great with that CTX! Congrats!
Thanks! I would have gotten the CTX years ago, but I heard it was heavy. Well it not even close to being heavy since it's so well balanced. I can swing it all day long with the stock search coil. On the other hand, I couldn't swing the AT Pro with the stock search coil for more than a hour or so before my arm and wrist started aching. It's not heavy, but it's balance is terrible.

beephead

Nice hunt. Congrats.

At a hunt at an 1890s home I gave up on what I’m positive is a silver half. Roots everywhere. Gave it about 15 minutes and said nope I’m done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you give us the GPS coordinates, one of us will hit it with a hole saw on a battery operated drill/driver thru them roots.:lol:

Nice work Beephead !

Congratulations on the CTX and the silvers. The CTX will frustrate you and shock you on how well it is.

Back
Top Bottom