• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

LostMyStuff Fee

The whole "Ringfinders/LostMyStuff" concept is self defeating for us...! :mad: I mean, here somebody loses a big Gold ring, lets say at a beach, back in the 60's or Pre-cell phone days you were simply SOL and you learned a valuable lesson!! :laughing:

Now adays, all you gotta do is whip out your cell phone and google up the Ringfinders, lay back down on your towel, and some old guy will be there pronto, make a few passes, and Bingo! "Here you go! No thanks needed, just doing my thing" :?:

It doesnt even take any amount of skill to find a fresh drop if you know about where it is! So yearly, these dmaned 'Ringfinders' are STEALING Gold right out of the wild hunters pockets! For what? A pat on the head? I wonder how many Gold rings the "Ringfinders" steal from us each year? I wonder if somebody has kept track of the returns? Maybe I dont want to know, it would make me sick...especially if the data can be broken down into geographical areas like where I hunt...

I really hate these guys! Like so many other people, their Good Intentions are based on a palsied thought process...The whole concept about Detecting is Finders/Keepers, not Ring/Returners... Who would get involved in this Sport if we gave everything back? Or knew there was a virulent crew out there running around taking the calls, grabbing up the nice drops and doing the returns?

...The dropper doesnt even learn a lesson!...They can go through Life as careless as hell expecting some old guy will come along and bail them out!...Changing a flat tire and such even....Its a seriously flawed concept for us to embrace, let alone become a member of...! :laughing: If you really feel like making somebody happy and need a hobby, go volunteer your time down at the Old Folks home and ask the inmates there to tell you about their Grandkids!

As Jackie Gleason famously uttered in the cult hit 'Smokey and the Bandit'..."What in the Hell is the World coming to?"

Where does this all end? Why not start a site called "Mow My Grass"? Operating under the same concept, you could charge members lets say $5 to join..Old guys, that simply LOVE to cut grass!...then, somebody pings in and needs their grass cut, and one of the members hooks up his trailer and gear and hustles on over there and mows their Yard for free! Now THATS an idea! Sure, some poor lawnmowing guy who does this for a business is getting robbed, but think of all the good will and favorable feelings! Let alone the cool posts with before and after pictures!:laughing:

Or "Shovel My Driveway"...whatever..you get the idea...:laughing:

Last edited:
The whole "Ringfinders/LostMyStuff" concept is self defeating for us...! :mad: I mean, here somebody loses a big Gold ring, lets say at a beach, back in the 60's or Pre-cell phone days you were simply SOL and you learned a valuable lesson!! :laughing:

Now adays, all you gotta do is whip out your cell phone and google up the Ringfinders, lay back down on your towel, and some old guy will be there pronto, make a few passes, and Bingo! "Here you go! No thanks needed, just doing my thing" :?:

It doesnt even take any amount of skill to find a fresh drop if you know about where it is! So yearly, these dmaned 'Ringfinders' are STEALING Gold right out of the wild hunters pockets! For what? A pat on the head? I wonder how many Gold rings the "Ringfinders" steal from us each year? I wonder if somebody has kept track of the returns? Maybe I dont want to know, it would make me sick...especially if the data can be broken down into geographical areas like where I hunt...

I really hate these guys! Like so many other people, their Good Intentions are based on a palsied thought process...The whole concept about Detecting is Finders/Keepers, not Ring/Returners... Who would get involved in this Sport if we gave everything back? Or knew there was a virulent crew out there running around taking the calls, grabbing up the nice drops and doing the returns?

...The dropper doesnt even learn a lesson!...They can go through Life as careless as hell expecting some old guy will come along and bail them out!...Changing a flat tire and such even....Its a seriously flawed concept for us to embrace, let alone become a member of...! :laughing: If you really feel like making somebody happy and need a hobby, go volunteer your time down at the Old Folks home and ask the inmates there to tell you about their Grandkids!

As Jackie Gleason famously uttered in the cult hit 'Smokey and the Bandit'..."What in the Hell is the World coming to?"

Where does this all end? Why not start a site called "Mow My Grass"? Operating under the same concept, you could charge members lets say $5 to join..Old guys, that simply LOVE to cut grass!...then, somebody pings in and needs their grass cut, and one of the members hooks up his trailer and gear and hustles on over there and mows their Yard for free! Now THATS an idea! Sure, some poor lawnmowing guy who does this for a business is getting robbed, but think of all the good will and favorable feelings! Let alone the cool posts with before and after pictures!:laughing:

Or "Shovel My Driveway"...whatever..you get the idea...:laughing:

As always, Mud, you make me laugh while getting the point across. :)

My other favorite pasttime is not introducing people to the hobby. Keeps things in the ground for me, where they belong. LOL

Skippy

Skippy SH13;2799751My other favorite pasttime is not introducing people to the hobby. Keeps things in the ground for me said:
I don't introduce people into the hobby but if I find someone who is already interested, I try to help them so they don't make a big mess and ruin it for the rest of us.

It costs money to operate a web site such as lostmystuff. Just the same as it costs money to operate this forum.

I have no problem with throwing a couple of buck in the pot.

Go find a couple of bucks in clad and pay up.

I believe it's 3,500 items returned so far Mud. :wow:

I got so much happiness out of giving one young couple their wedding ring back. I couldn't buy that kind of satisfaction and pride in our hobby for any amount. I'm happy to pay the $2.

But thankfully we're all different, and to each their own. Happy 4th of July to all!

I joined around 5 years ago, and was only contacted 1 time about helping find a ring. I emailed the person about looking for the ring for them, was told someone looked and didn't find it. And they weren't really worried about finding it.

So for me to pay for them to maybe contact me, it's not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom