CTX 3030 programs

DSC02748.JPG

Last edited:
DSC02758.JPG

DSC02759.JPG

DSC02756.JPG

DSC02757.JPGI wonder if I will be around in 16 years ? stay tuned.....:lol:

Last edited:
Attached below is my go-to program for hunting in heavy iron.

Its actually a combination of two of my favorite programs. Trashy Park and Tadpole. I call it Dirty Frog. The idea behind it is to get pretty much all US coins and most medium to large jewelry. Fairly open pattern to help prevent masking. I usually run this with ferrous-coin, but if running high trash separation, I would lower the bottom tone break down a few notches.

It will knock out most of the annoying small iron in the bottom righthand corner so that the target ID isn't so jumpy. It also knocks out everything on the back side of nickels. You will miss some tiny rings or other small jewelry, but the trade off is that it gets rid of most small foil and other junk items. Even though the right hand side of the nickel notch is open, you'll still be able to ID nickels by the tone due to the way the bins are set up. Different tones for nickels, indians through wheats, and then the highest tone for silvers or clad dimes and quarters.

Using Ferrous-Coin separation, the machine tries to push good targets toward the 12 line, but I leave the upper right side open so that I will still get large silvers if I decide to switch to High Trash.

Settings are:
Mode: Combined
Separation: Ferrous-Coin
Response: Normal
Fast: ON
Deep: OFF
Seawater: OFF

I made a couple of minor changes to this. Turned recovery fast OFF as it seems to give a more stable TID. FE/C0 line moved down to 23. Minor adjustments to pattern 2.

Dirty Frog

Settings are:
Mode: Combined
Separation: Ferrous-Coin
Response: Normal
Fast: OFF
Deep: OFF
Seawater: OFF

Attachments

• Dirty-Frog-Pattern-1.JPG
    Dirty-Frog-Pattern-1.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 566
  • Dirty-Frog-Pattern-2.JPG
    Dirty-Frog-Pattern-2.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 565
  • DirtyFrog-tones.JPG
    DirtyFrog-tones.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 565
  • xchange2share.mlf
    4.9 KB · Views: 171
I haven't checked this thread in a while but looks like you're doing really well with the CTX bibelot! :cheers:

Do you think the Conductivity reading and depth determines where the FE falls to an extent ?I notice lower conductor numbers tend to fall opposite direction than high conductors ?I've pulled more nickels by opening up the lower FE line from the FE 12 line. I've never seen a nickel read 13.12, 14.12 yet but I've pulled nickels with a 07.09-07.14 ID number due to depth and mineralization in the soil maybe ?

Do you think the Conductivity reading and depth determines where the FE falls to an extent ?I notice lower conductor numbers tend to fall opposite direction than high conductors ?I've pulled more nickels by opening up the lower FE line from the FE 12 line. I've never seen a nickel read 13.12, 14.12 yet but I've pulled nickels with a 07.09-07.14 ID number due to depth and mineralization in the soil maybe ?

Even though the CTX and Etrac are known for better ID than most other machines, from what I've seen depth will still effect the numbers. Other things such as wear on coins, variations in composition materials (ie V will generally read lower than buffalo), orientation in the ground, separation mode, and other targets being nearby can also effect TID. Even though most nickels seem to hit around 12-12 to 12-13 for me, I've dug plenty that read lower and a few that read higher. I've dug silver dimes that read like zincs too. I don't put a lot of weight on the FE numbers as long as it's in the general range of the pattern I'm using.. I pay more attention to the CO numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though the CTX and Etrac are known for better ID than most other machines, from what I've seen depth will still effect the numbers. Other things such as wear on coins, variations in composition materials (ie V will generally read lower than buffalo), orientation in the ground, separation mode, and other targets being nearby can also effect TID. Even though most nickels seem to hit around 12-12 to 12-13 for me, I've dug plenty that read lower and a few that read higher. I've dug silver dimes that read like zincs too. I don't put a lot of weight on the FE numbers as long as it's in the general range of the pattern I'm using.. I pay more attention to the CO numbers.

Agreed. Although I have found both to be off sometimes, especially on the deeper targets even when I slowly sweep over the target several times. I only beach hunt so sand, salt, shells, etc. always tend to add to the number in one way or another.

A lot of people on my hunting grounds this morning so I had to move to a spot I thought I had cleaned out. One wheat, a 1950 S and I was surprised to find a quarter.I was thinking it was a dime since the signal was so difficult to pinpoint but it was a quarter.DSC02764.JPG

The best settings for the ctx to outhunt other detectorists not using a ctx is well.... the power button

DSC02799.JPG

DSC02801.JPGOldest coin was a 1919 Buffalo nickel, nicest was 1944 Merc.I found a 1937 wheat that was in good condition as well. Cold here today, I need to retire so I can hunt whenever there's good weather.:lol:

Last edited:
I cleaned up the nickel a little. The date is faded but wasn't expecting a 1919 nickel from a baseball field. The earliest I could find was 1952 aerial map and it was a baseball field then too so I am looking forward to seeing what else I can pull from it.

DSC02810.JPG

DSC02807.JPG

No nascar race to watch so I went back and hunted for a bit more. I haven't even put a dent in it yet. A lot of iron feeding back but I'm getting use to it. Nice that the coins are deep so the plug is not tampered with once its pulled. The dirt comes out upon an old shirt and pours back in without a trace....DSC02820.JPG

Back
Top Bottom