Two hour hunt and didn't find much

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I decided to pick a soccer field at one of my usual hunting spots and grid it out. I'm only 1/3rd into the field that I chose to hunt. All I was finding was beaver tail pull tabs and bottle caps at first and towards the end of my hunt (because of darkness) I started finding other things. My only coin find was a 1925 Buffalo nickel.

Pictured is a handle to a kitchen knife, the buffalo head, a heart shaped piece (I'm guessing a small picture frame), a brass cap (marked P.V.S. 202 Poughkeepsie N.Y.) and I'm not sure what the piece is at the bottom of the pic. At first I thought it was an electrical fuse, but it's definitely not one. It has a cap on one end of the piece but not the other. The last two pics show each end of the piece. The piece appears to me to possibly made of graphite, and it sets off the pinpointer. Any ideas on an ID will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 140
Nice work man!!

The rod is part of an old battery I think...

<°)))>{

Thanks bro!
Car battery? If so, that's interesting because I googled what is stenciled into the cap from these finds and somewhere within the research someone said the cap is a radiator cap from a Model T Ford.

Yeah, maybe an old car or tractor..

Google carbon rod from dry cell battery...

<°)))>{

If you're digging pull tabs and nickels, you're doing the right thing and the hard work in that gold range. I have yet to find a buffalo, congrats...you can always use that graphite in your electrolysis tank.

Back
Top Bottom