Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 04-09-2017, 11:41 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by chevysoldier View post
Alright, I haven't been detecting long but have already felt the urge to upgrade from my $80 BH 2200 Costco purchase. I've been reading on here and other internet reviews about other detectors and the ATP keeps coming up as a really good choice. I was looking at them on Amazon, one with two coils and the carrot, and my wife told me to add it to my wish list insinuating she'd get it for me, of course I think I'd contact a sponsor on here for a better price.

Anyways, what do you guys think I should go with? I'm in Ohio, detect for coins, jewelry, and any other misc items at parks, homes yards, schools, possibly wet areas like creek's or lakes... I know there are hundreds of threads on here about this vs that but I'm really stuck. Thanks to everyone in advance!
I say get a Deus or CTX3030! Might as well spend the money now because you're going to do it eventually anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Old 04-10-2017, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by ohiochris View post
There probably are. Something shady going on since amazon wouldn't let me ask him a question. Probably best to avoid.

If it seems too good to be true.....

But if anybody is able to get a question through to that seller and find a valid reason for such low prices its probably worth asking. He may be or " was " a detector dealer , which made me look at it again. Im not sure what to make of it but there are some warning signs there.
It looks like Amazon pulled that "sellers" account.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by FFX2 View post
I say get a Deus or CTX3030! Might as well spend the money now because you're going to do it eventually anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Oh yes, I am sure my wife would LOVE me spending over $2k on a detector right now! LoL!

Old 04-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by nevets2968 View post
It looks like Amazon pulled that "sellers" account.

Yes. After I was positive something fishy was going on I reported him and they put the boot to him.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Elite Member

I've had 3 ATPs and sold each one because I just didn't like the tones or the balance. In my club, a ton of people use them but I like the X-terra's true all metal mode with tones and TID.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by DetectorOCD View post
I've had 3 ATPs and sold each one because I just didn't like the tones or the balance. In my club, a ton of people use them but I like the X-terra's true all metal mode with tones and TID.
After the second one, did you still think the third one would sound/balance different?

Maybe #4 would do the trick?

<°)))>{

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ice Scratcher View post
After the second one, did you still think the third one would sound/balance different?

Maybe #4 would do the trick?

<°)))>{
Smart *** lol

Those were a few reasons

Old 04-12-2017, 03:28 PM

Lol

Old 04-17-2017, 05:27 AM

I got my ATP off another TreasureClassifieds a month ago for $400 delivered. Three months old with warranty card. I was lucky to get there first. They are going for $450 and up on the forums, higher on fleabay. I like not having to scroll through menus like on some units. It is the best buy for an all terrain / water unit. I don't have to worry about it when it rains in Oregon.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:35 AM
Supporter

I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned the T2, I hear everyone loves them. I see the price points are similar. I've never used one, but assume it would be balanced better than the ATPro.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:04 PM

I just got my AT Pro, with the stock coil, 5x8” coil, coil protectors, and Carrot. Thanks to Phil for the great service and fast shipping! I'm now heading out to start using it!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Sponsor

Thank You! & Dig Deeper. HH, Phil

813-237-1939
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Whites of SE Dealer of the Yr 2011,12,13
Whites•Tesoro•Garrett•Fisher•Minelab
V3i, CTX3030, CZ21,SS, Silver Umax

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:58 AM

Default Welcome to the ATPro!

Originally Posted by chevysoldier View post
I just got my AT Pro, with the stock coil, 5x8” coil, coil protectors, and Carrot. Thanks to Phil for the great service and fast shipping! I'm now heading out to start using it!
It's a nice step up.