Cracking the code Deus V4

Theres definitely something going on in this new software other than the obvious. Cant go back to 3.2. however there are minor tweaks I believe they are (hopefully) addressing.

Someone said in the past a MX sport was doing better depth wise in mineral,,,they might have to backtrack on this since V4 has come to light.

I know a site ,,,,old house and CW action to boot,,,5 bars on F75 detector.
I am going to try and detect this site soon,,,have been there one time before,,,I just got to see how V4 does there. There is loads of iron there too.
Will be a good test to see if my hunch is right.

Love to hear on your report on that site, that deep program hits my test garden better than the neg grd bal "trick". I did make a few mods to the deep prog.However if you go to store the changes, you loose the xy screen and Im thinking also some of the signal processing that the orig deep prog has. Might better using deep, make your adj's and stay in it.

Love to hear on your report on that site, that deep program hits my test garden better than the neg grd bal "trick". I did make a few mods to the deep prog.However if you go to store the changes, you loose the xy screen and Im thinking also some of the signal processing that the orig deep prog has. Might better using deep, make your adj's and stay in it.

I found this is true also, deep hits targets in my test garden that the neg GB will not. The weird thing is it would hit those targets in 3.2. I saved a "my deep" copy and changed a few things here and there and saved it. It seems to work as well as the original, at least on depth. I also increased tone 2 to somewhere in the 850ish hz range and I swear it makes weak signals pop a little more.

More data.

More time in the field today with V4 Deus.

It would seem after using V4 and comalring to V3.2., one would think the freq has been raised on V4.
V4 Deus just plain smokes smaller targets giving very audible signal(s).

I do think though some deeper iron will be dug using V4 vs V3.2,,but thi sure shouldn't keep a user for using V4.

In areas with horrendous iron a Tx Power level of 1 shouldn't be overlooked.
I recovered some finds today by using,,some very small too in heavy iron.

Also highly suspect V4 will perform better in sites loaded with iron if ground is not overly saturated.

Folks using V4 be mindful some nonferrous can provide overly short signals,,signal shorter than I was not accustomed to seeing using V3.2.

Using 18khz is still the number one unmasker using V4 when hunting heavy iron,,this goes for lower as well as higher conductors.

Folks using V4 should be mindful of their GB setting,,,if actual ground phase starts reading higher than what you have dialed in GB wise,,detector noise will result,,,and depending this can even make things like nails sound borderline sounding to nonferrous targets,,to even making ferrous item sound very good.

Last edited:
Have you tried the improved tracking? Supposedly it doesn't mask your targets in trashy sites. (Just what I've read...I cannot confirm or deny those claims yet).

Have you tried the improved tracking? Supposedly it doesn't mask your targets in trashy sites. (Just what I've read...I cannot confirm or deny those claims yet).

I haven't actually hunted using tracking GB.
I have while in the field over cleaner ground used it,,,to see how it worked.
But for sites loaded with iron,,I'm a manual GB kinda person.

May try to use it in some trashy places and notes its behavior,,see if it acts different vs V3.2.
V3.2 liked to track down into the mid 60s and detector got noisy as all get out using tracking GB.

Thank you all for the posts in here, especially TNsharp.

It's almost time for me to hit the old all girls school which is loaded with iron. I'm gonna have to update the Deus and do some more reading.

One thing to be mindful of, after running deep program for abt 1.5hrs, I noticed coil battery ticked down a notch.

I remember someone else mentioning coil bat drain. Stock deep program puts TX to 3. Locked in, non-adjustable. They should've let us change that if desired.

I think I may load a similar program, call it "my deep" or something and keep the TX at 2.

Another good thing to carry might be a portable rechargeable battery pack and USB cord.

yeh that was me , i customized a program using the deep program base and noticed the battery drain that didn't happen in 3.2 but that explains the drainage issue i noticed when i moved to V4.

moved back to 3.2 and staying put for now

Thank you all for the posts in here, especially TNsharp.

It's almost time for me to hit the old all girls school which is loaded with iron. I'm gonna have to update the Deus and do some more reading.

Hey thank you for your help answering my question on the Excal Swinglow.

Let's talk tracking ground balance V4.

I experimented some using it.
My goal was to see how the tracking would hold when the coil comes over iron and nails.

From the looks of my 3 different experiments,,,tracking GB using V4 is improved over earlier versions,,,but hunting in iron ridden places my advice use manual GB.
What did I witness??
Using tracking the balance seems to hold longer while in coil was over nail and iron ridden areas,,,,but did eventually drop into the mid60s with detectors getting quite noisy.
Also,,and I never ever seen this with earlier versions,,,V4 actually the ground balance dropped out entirely going to level 90.

It would after a lot of sweeping track back to ground phase if over cleaner ground.
Bobbing coil would accelerate this process time wise.

Here is I think a glitch with V4,,, using Xy screen ground phase reading seems for the most part nonexistent.
Remember this number when shown I think shows actual detector ground phase detection. A dash will appear here when sweeping,,but I can bob coil and the window then a phase reading will appear.
I not sure of the usefulness here,,the way this is currently working

I wished Xp would have used this spot to give a delta reading,,either positive or minus showing difference to user of difference of actual ground phase detected vs what the user has dialed in.

Im not a big fan of GB tracking myself, at least in my neck of the woods, and as you said, never in iron.

Even on clean ground, if tracking is used, while digging a target seems like it takes a minute to re-acclimate itself back to tracking correctly, while it skewed when digging target.

ok....with mild hesitation and it doesn't seem like you guys have broken anything else recently I'm going to give V4 another shot. lol

I just did the update from scratch

now i just need to rebuild
1 deep relic program for no trash/very little trash area.
1 trash program for extreme nails/various other garbage area.

ok....with mild hesitation and it doesn't seem like you guys have broken anything else recently I'm going to give V4 another shot. lol

I just did the update from scratch

now i just need to rebuild

1 deep relic program for no trash/very little trash area.

1 trash program for extreme nails/various other garbage area.

Wait!!! Don't update yet!

Just kidding...how did the update go?

Never had a problem updating...no issues this time around either.

I'll be on the look out for unusual coil charge drain but otherswise seems fine so far.

It seems most glitches are fixed.

I still don't like the ground phase info presented when using Xy screen.

The ground balance between freqs,,,gotta watch this when toggling between freqs.

Never had a problem updating...no issues this time around either.

I'll be on the look out for unusual coil charge drain but otherswise seems fine so far.

I did a quick hunt (2hrs) Sunday evening playing around with settings, running the hot and deep programs and my 11" coil still shows full (it was last charged about a week ago).

I know you all have been waiting on the edge of your seats ..but it appears this time around the coil charge is holding as expected. So V4 will stay and looking forward to seeing what else I can squeak out of my primary spot with it.

Back
Top Bottom