Nokta Simplex coil choice

vespaboy

Hello everyone...
Super excited and happy to have bought BlueHuntsCoins' Nokta Makro Simplex+.

Took it out today and enjoyed myself a lot. Great machine and quite different from my Ace 250.

The purchase included the stock 11" coil as well as the SP24 9.5" x 5" coil. Both are DD coils but I'm used to my ACE concentric coil.

I do both Coin shooting and Relic Hunting here in the North Carolina red Clay and Sandy river beds. Today I used the 11" and it is nicely balanced with the machine but bigger than I'm used to. Didn't mind it at all, but...

What can you guys tell me about these coils and what is the recommendation for my area? Reading on the interwebs tell me the P24 is great in the water but not much other details.

Cheers!
-David

I really like the SP24 for hunting parks and ballfields here in Oregon. Its light, balances very and performs awesome. Sorry I cannot comment on how it does in your neck of the woods.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nokta/Makro comes out with more coils for the Simplex with them being as popular as they are. One thing about Nokta/Makro is that they listen to their customers, they have already had some updates for the Simplex because of customers wants and needs. They are a great company.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nokta/Makro comes out with more coils for the Simplex with them being as popular as they are. One thing about Nokta/Makro is that they listen to their customers, they have already had some updates for the Simplex because of customers wants and needs. They are a great company.

They are not always listening, many of us have been asking for a small 5-6" coil for the past 7 months. No answer to this question. If or when. But, think it was NEL who would be making several other aftermarket smaller search coils for the Simplex.

I like the 5.5x9 for most hunting situations. Has a tad less depth than the 8.5" round DD coil.

Back
Top Bottom