Church/School Yields 6 Keepers, 2nd Ever Seated Quarter

jack&jill

Elite Member
To borrow a term from Captain Silver I got out for a little 3 hour "DirtChurch" hunt. The site was the old church I have been hunting with the owner. I think we would have lasted another hour but the skies opened with some pretty heavy rains. My finds may have been meager for quantity but they all qualified as keepers. The finds are 3 Wheat Pennies, a 1891 Indian, a 1900 Barber Dime and the big hit is an 1875 Seated Quarter. The Farmer dug a 1901 Indian and a old Ink Pen. The type you had to dip into an Inkwell. I think its a brass tip in a wood shaft. Only about 2 inches of the shaft remains. This was my 2nd hunt on this site without any modern coins.
The 2 Silvers now have me up to 81 FTY. As always hope everybody got out and had safe and successful hunts. Jack

Attachments

• 6-14-15.jpg
    6-14-15.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 606
  • 6-14-15 1.jpg
    6-14-15 1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 607
  • 6-14-15 2.jpg
    6-14-15 2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 609
  • 6-14-15 4.jpg
    6-14-15 4.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 607
Woo Hoo!!

Congrats on finding all oldie coins, and on finding an elusive 2nd seated quarter, Jack! :thumbsup:

You had a great weekend of hunts, my friend!
I have no idea who'll get to 100 first between you and Captn. :roll:

I had a pretty good hunt on Sat (double digit silvers). Will post tomorrow...busy throughout day today.

HH,
Raphis
Dan

:wow::wow::wow:

Congrats on the Seated! Great hunt yet again. A Seated of any kind is my big goal for the year.

Way to go jack .
Congratulations on the seated and the barber.
Bet the farmer is a tad jealous .
I can swe him I went mding with jack and all I got is this pen woo hoo lol.

Woo Hoo!!
Congrats on finding all oldie coins, and on finding an elusive 2nd seated quarter, Jack! :thumbsup:
You had a great weekend of hunts, my friend!
I have no idea who'll get to 100 first between you and Captn. :roll:
I had a pretty good hunt on Sat (double digit silvers). Will post tomorrow...busy throughout day today.
HH, Raphis Dan
Thank you Dan, If I was a betting man I'd go with the Captain. He has been in a slump for him but I think he's breaking out of it now, (Actually I think he was just taking a break letting me catch up):yes:
:wow::wow::wow:
Congrats on the Seated! Great hunt yet again. A Seated of any kind is my big goal for the year.
Appreciate the reply JWP, hope there is a Seated coin in your near future.
Nice Seated! Congratulations.
Thank you Barty.
Way to go jack .
Congratulations on the seated and the barber.
Bet the farmer is a tad jealous .
I can swe him I went mding with jack and all I got is this pen woo hoo lol.
Made me laugh a bit Coppers. The Owner/Farmer is using my ATP when we hunt and now has dug 2 coins (Wheat and Indian) a small crotel bell and the pen (A very neat find). This being only his third hunt ever I can say he has a love to put holes in the ground. I'll bet he has almost a bushel of trash of all types nails, bottle caps, hinges, hardware and a ton of you name it.:grin: Jack

Beautiful seated! Not many showing up this season it seems. Its been a barber year so far for me. I hope you can get back there and pull some more out! HH!

Congrats on the Indian, Barber Dime and the sweet Seated Quarter Jack, those are some quality digs! Seems we're even on the silvers now at 81...time to catch up to Coin Whisperer:yes:

Beautiful seated! Not many showing up this season it seems. Its been a barber year so far for me. I hope you can get back there and pull some more out! HH!
I may not get back to the church until fall, the farmer plans to turn over the field then. It was the picnic area and the ball field. Still have the farm yard to hunt.
Awesome hunt Bud, glad to see you saved some goodies from the dirt.
Thanks Mike, hope your weekend went well. Still no Nickels.
Congrats on the Indian, Barber Dime and the sweet Seated Quarter Jack, those are some quality digs! Seems we're even on the silvers now at 81...time to catch up to Coin Whisperer:yes:
Thanks Bruce. Shall we gang up on Whisperer, he is having a very good year. That is even with limited finds from the Girls School.

Great hunt. Love all the old silvers.
Thanks Jim. I'm still in awe over your SLQ. It is amazing.
Nice Finds!
Appreciate your reply GK.

Jack, my man you are killing it .... if not piles of clad then awesome hunt of nothing but keepers ........ The seated coins are my next bucket group, even though I am more likely to find a V nickel first given the ages. That is a heck of a hunt!! Keep killing it!!

Excellent digging! Beautiful Seated quarter. I'm still "Seated-less" so far this year, and my goal is at least one per year. I'm hoping...

Meanwhile, you dug a beaut!

Awesome!

Steve

Very nice and how do you get your coins so clean or do they come out of the ground that way?

One of these days I hope to stumble across a seated.

Really nice finds Jack! Your having a great season so far! Keep it up!
Thank you for the kind words Metal.
That's awesome Jack! Congrats on your second seated quarter and must have been super exciting. We deserved my friend.
It is exciting Jason, not like the first one or the half dime but it has me bubbling.
Awesome! Your seated is in much better shape than my 2......;) Congrats!
Appreciate your reply Monster, glad that you have known Seated success.
Jack, my man you are killing it .... if not piles of clad then awesome hunt of nothing but keepers ........ The seated coins are my next bucket group, even though I am more likely to find a V nickel first given the ages. That is a heck of a hunt!! Keep killing it!!
Thanks JB you know I still need to dig a "V". Seems I am having problems with all Nickels.
Excellent digging! Beautiful Seated quarter. I'm still "Seated-less" so far this year, and my goal is at least one per year. I'm hoping...
Meanwhile, you dug a beaut! Awesome! Steve
Very kind words Steve, thank you. I hope you fulfill your goal and get your Seated coin this year. Jack

Back
Top Bottom