Silver #24, 1909 Wheat & Alexander Graham Bell

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Got out to my old reliable at mid-day for 2.5 hours. Not a lot, but some oldies down deep. Only dug seven coins and one token. 5 of 7 coins were keepers;
1937D Merc (silv #24), 1909, 1925D, 1941 and 1950D Wheats. All were deep iffy signals in an area I have hammered relentlessly.

The Merc was only maxing out at 72 VDI on the ATP, but had a sweet high tone from 2 direction. It was nearly straight up and down in the plg at about 6". The two old wheats were about 8". I'm really starting to learn what the ATP is telling me. Not many coins left, but good enough to keep me interested.

Also got the Shell Oil Alexander Graham Bell Game Token.

Last edited:
Interesting. One of my mercs yesterday was also lower toned, as both my buddies had called "wheatie" pre dig.

Congrats on another nice hunt digging oldies!

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Nice Mercury dime congrats!!

Thanks JJ. My nicest Merc of the year. Even better in person.

Congrats on the deep keepers. Like that token.

Thanks Jerry. Got a silver scare when I saw the rim in the hole, lol.

Really nice finds! Congrats!

Thanks Maniac.

Congrats on Silver #24 and all the Wheat's. Jack

Thanks Jack. I'm on a Merc roll this year.

Interesting. One of my mercs yesterday was also lower toned, as both my buddies had called "wheatie" pre dig.
HH,
Raphis
Dan

Raphis, the VDI was low, but the tone was sweet.

Congrats on the wheats and silver #24...nice hunt!

Thanks Captain.

My buddy hit a matron largie with his at gold that hit 88. Usually largies come up as a clad quarter give or take 85. We thought it was silver for sure. But I know what you mean sometimes the vdi is wayyyyy off. Great hunt keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom