My 6th silver coin fty and it's a good one.

predrunner

Forum Supporter
I've been digging dirt for about 2 years and don't find many silver coins. When I do I am always in shock. This is my third SLQ I've dug but my first with a date. The other two were smooth. I actually had my phone on me and took a pic of what I saw when I flipped over my plug. It was only 3-4 inches down but the signal was real jumpy because of our unusually dry ground.

I don't know why it has black on the one side of it because all the other silver coins I've found have been perfectly silver looking coming out of the ground. I'm guessing the black makes it worthless but it doesn't matter to me because I keep all my finds anyway.

4165b0586ff4ded2c4d25f8b215e2177.jpg

531d4db72185e087f43bf269e07ed53c.jpg

6be034131eea5d4e43fbd355ed0161b5.jpg

Awesome find. It is a type one so it is a real score!!! Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its not a good one ........ it is an absolutely great one!!! I favor having it graded for two reasons; lock in value and ensure nothing else happens to it!

Its not a good one ........ it is an absolutely great one!!! I favor having it graded for two reasons; lock in value and ensure nothing else happens to it!

Would they even grade a coin with discoloration like this. I would think monetarily this coin is just worth melt. To me it is priceless though.

Even in bad shape, and yours is not, it's a hard fill in a collection worth way more than melt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is worth grading in my book. That's the nicest stander I've ever seen come out of the ground.

Great find. Type 1 SLQ 1917 has minimum value $20. Can easily be up to $50 or more depending on condition. Way more than melt $2-3. I don't know anyone that has found a type 1.

Would they even grade a coin with discoloration like this. I would think monetarily this coin is just worth melt. To me it is priceless though.

Thanks for all the positive responses eveyone. I just wish my wife would show your enthusiasm. I got home all excited and showed her and her response was " you get that excited over a quarter? " I explained to her that it wasn't just any quarter.

I guess I can't complain because she did get me an AT Pro for my birthday last year and a 5x8 coil this year and never complains when I go out to detect.

Back
Top Bottom