Making transition from Prizm to DFX???

BOP222

Hello all,

Toying, just toying with the thought of upgrading detectors..Prizm IV has been good, easy to use, seems to be very accurate in the what shows on the screen to what is dug..but being its the only machine I've owned, hard to compare...then I look at some of the DFX "things"...AC, DC, programming, knobs etc..how hard is it to go from turn on and go to a more sophisticated machine?

Any insight from the experts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'll let you know soon! I'm moving from a Prizm III to an XLT. WAY different. But I'm doing it knowing that if I get stuck or have questions, that I have many friends here who will help me along. My XLT will be here Wednesday. I'm both nervous and excited.

Bop even with the DFX you'll still have a turn on and go machine with the preloaded programs. And at some point in time, you will put in your own custom program, and that is when the fun really starts. Very good move. ;)

Oh yeah, forgot about that Hoser. Thanks. It does have some proloaded programs that make it a "turn on and go". Hoser, will programs for the DFX work on the XLT? Do you have some good relic programs for the XLT?

I am glad you liked your prizm. I think mine is at post office waiting for me to pick up today!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like the upgrade would be fun. i plan to do that some day as well but will need to get used to prizm for a while.
Paul

Sorry Jason, if I'm gonna hunt relics, I use the preloaded program, or just switch the machine to all metal. :roll: Never really got into doing a full blown relic program.........................YET! :lol:

TNHunter,

The Prizm was/is a great first machine...works fine on the local lake beach area, all sorts of dirt and fields around here...pin point feature is very accurate..light to carry around...again, the only reason I'm even thinking about an upgrade is in reading some of the other forum member's results and how accurate the better machines are...but I'm in no hurry...if it happens, it happens..the good news is Jan 3, 2007 is my retirement date...after that..I can grab whatever machine I do own and I'm out there looking every day if I want...

Bop, you just had to bring up the retirement thing didn't ya. :( I still have a year or two before I can do that, and it just ain't coming fast enough.

I turn 41 next week and only 1 to put through college starting next year. 80% of his will be scholarships, Whew! :yes:

Make sure and go here and get your free book. "Understanding White's DFX" by Jimmy Normandi. He gives great advice in the very back of the book on making your first modifications to the built-in programs. Don't forget to just ask about things here on the forum. Real advice from real users! I was fighting with trying to figure out threshhold settings, I asked about it and Hoser made things real clear. Saved a lot of time.

Jack

Free Book Link

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/dfxbook.php

Back
Top Bottom