Garrett GTI 1500

ModernDayWarrior

I just recieved my new GTI 1500 yesterday. I am going to use it for a while then post a review on it. I've been using the Ace 250 and have been very happy with it's results. I can't wait to see what the GTI can do.

OK, I've taken the GTI out a couple of times. That is not near enough time to make an assesment. However, today I hunted a school that was built in the 20's with three guys from the club. The detectors that were there were an Ace 250, a Bounty Hunter, a Tesoro Vaquera, and the GTI. The school was covered with trash, and we found plenty of it. At the end of the hunt we all met at our vehicles and the only one that found coins was the GTI. I only found three cents but I was amazed that no one else found coins. I could tell a difference between the coins and the trash very easily just listening to the tones. The target ID and the treasure vision really were dead on. So far I am very impressed with my new machine. I'll update more after more time with the detector.

After about 20 hours of use I can say that I am very pleased with the GTI. Like the 250, it really goes nuts on coins. Even deep coins give a good strong signal. I've noticed that cans give it an overload signal when they are close to the surface. I have really grown to love the imaging. It has been nearly dead on with the sizing. Bottle caps seem to fool it pretty easy though. I have been using the custom mode and notched out pull tabs. It does pretty good with this except when they are 3 inches or deeper. The target ID is pretty good but not dead on, but what detector is? Anyhow, I believe I made a good decision with the GTI. It's definitely a keeper. Until Garrett comes out with something new, I believe I have all the detector I need.

That's great. Thanks for taking the time to give us the feedback. Isn't it fun trying out a new detector? Best of luck to you and I look forward to pics of your finds!

Back
Top Bottom