Garrett Pro Pointer vs Whites TRX vs Minelab Pro Find

I think we can all agree the Automax was the biggest POS ever. I had 2 or 3 of them I got for free from Kellyco. was about a foot long, maybe more, and would only detect about an inch tops. Let's not forget how ugly they were.

I think we can all agree the Automax was the biggest POS ever. I had 2 or 3 of them I got for free from Kellyco. was about a foot long, maybe more, and would only detect about an inch tops. Let's not forget how ugly they were.

Tip fell right off of mine. Think they use elmers glue?:lol: looked down and saw a round piece of foam with copper wire wrapped around it hanging off the end:shock:

Buying, using, owning, and liking a product is not the problem. Knowing that this same product is prone to fail at a high percentage and still recommending that same product to an unsuspecting new person is the problem. People come here and ask the questions to learn so that they don't make the same mistake you made or didn't make.

Tip fell right off of mine. Think they use elmers glue?:lol: looked down and saw a round piece of foam with copper wire wrapped around it hanging off the end:shock:

haha, they looked more like dowsing rods. I was to embarrassed to even carry mine, and even if I did they were useless, so whats the point.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=183359

See this thread I started a long while ago. I'm not using my GPP anymore but have it along just incase I screw up my TRX.

In short. The TRX will pick up coins MUCH deeper than the GPP by at least double. Dry soil pulls that back just a bit tho. Dry-3-4" for a dime and Nice moist soil will get you 4-5.5" but I have gotten a quarter or two at 6" with the TRX Sensing it. Thought I was directly over the coin so I stuck my large craftsman screwdriver down. Almost the full shaft went in till I tapped the coin. Laid it against the TRX and it went to 6+ inches. Not every time and NOT in dry soil but check out the TRXvxGPP youtube video posted above. I love it.

Can you tell us how you know this?? Since you posted this before you even received your PP and have no time in the field with it.. For a lot of us deeper is better especially if you can pp a coin 4 inches down from the surface.. The neater you're able to dig the better imo, more soo if you hunt parks, schools etc. And the TRX does that for you.. But everyone has their preferences
I know by research, did you not research before spending hundreds of $ on the car you bought? or any High $ item before buying it??
I do not need the unit in hand to know how it works. This is how I made my decision to purchase the GPP. Hey if you prefer the TRX buy it, I do not have any negative statements about it, I like the Garrett because their products are highly rated and I like the way I have been treated by the people that work at Garrett.

I know by research, did you not research before spending hundreds of $ on the car you bought? or any High $ item before buying it??
I do not need the unit in hand to know how it works. This is how I made my decision to purchase the GPP. Hey if you prefer the TRX buy it, I do not have any negative statements about it, I like the Garrett because their products are highly rated and I like the way I have been treated by the people that work at Garrett.

i just dont get how you can say its all hype and that people think the deeper a pin pointer can reach the better and say thats not true,when you've never used one trx or gpp.. sorry but nobody truly knows the performance of a machine or pp until you have it in your hands and use it.. videos are great for research, opinions from others help too but that only goes soo far.. i hope your research worked and you enjoy your GPP and ATP..

i just dont get how you can say its all hype and that people think the deeper a pin pointer can reach the better and say thats not true,when you've never used one trx or gpp.. sorry but nobody truly knows the performance of a machine or pp until you have it in your hands and use it.. videos are great for research, opinions from others help too but that only goes soo far.. i hope your research worked and you enjoy your GPP and ATP..

I never owned a Cobra but knew what to expect and when I bought it, I was no way disappointed, so your theory failed. I alway research without the item in hand and yet to be disappointed. I do not want a pp that reaches beyond 2" that is what the ATP is for and using a pp with a longer reach will detect multiple items, all this was considered before buying the Gpp. I do not need an item in hand to know what to expect. My ATP coil failed within 3 days but to expect no failures from electronics is ignorance on the owners part. Thousands of units made will have failures and it does not matter who makes it.

I never owned a Cobra but knew what to expect and when I bought it, I was no way disappointed, so your theory failed. I alway research without the item in hand and yet to be disappointed. I do not want a pp that reaches beyond 2" that is what the ATP is for and using a pp with a longer reach will detect multiple items, all this was considered before buying the Gpp. I do not need an item in hand to know what to expect. My ATP coil failed within 3 days but to expect no failures from electronics is ignorance on the owners part. Thousands of units made will have failures and it does not matter who makes it.

Okay buddy you obviously know what your talking about ;) :no:.. You bring up ignorance yet you're giving an opinion on something you have absolutely no experience with.. Ohh the irony.. Like i said good luck and enjoy your machines.. i truly mean that

And there ya have it!

I have a GPP and its been great...it reduces the find time..has a good distance recovery and has the history of good behind it..not a one for finding out bad things cos something is new and I didn't wait for the bugs to be ironed out..im not one for being the guinea pig.

Okay buddy you obviously know what your talking about ;) :no:.. You bring up ignorance yet you're giving an opinion on something you have absolutely no experience with.. Ohh the irony.. Like i said good luck and enjoy your machines.. i truly mean that

opinion yes and I do have experience with it but no physical experience. When I received it I see nothing special that needs "hands on" experience. It tells you if you are close to a metal object or not, that is all it does and is what it was built to do, that is it. what experience do you need? unlike a MD unit that tells you all kind of things and "experience" is required too understand what it is telling you. Why make a simple thing like a PP to seem like it takes a special person to understand it. It is a "yes and no" device, yes metal is close or no, metal is absent.

opinion yes and I do have experience with it but no physical experience. When I received it I see nothing special that needs "hands on" experience. It tells you if you are close to a metal object or not, that is all it does and is what it was built to do, that is it. what experience do you need? unlike a MD unit that tells you all kind of things and "experience" is required too understand what it is telling you. Why make a simple thing like a PP to seem like it takes a special person to understand it. It is a "yes and no" device, yes metal is close or no, metal is absent.

For a guy that a week ago didnt even know if you really needed a pin pointer you seem to know the ins and outs of em now ;). Have a good one Lawrence

Your bolded statement isn't true... not arguing with you, but if you see this post, you will know that there is more to the propointer than just turn on and go!

http://detecting365.com/use-garrett-propointer-pinpointer/

The funniest thing is I hunt in really trashy spots.. I can pinpoint with my main detector to a point that I just use a smaller pinpointer to help me see the target... I have used a Garrett enough to know that I don't like all the range it has. Sometimes I need to remove 4 other pieces of trash it rings up before it can begin see my intended target..

With the centech I poke it to where my machine says it is and I then see it soon after.. The garrett starts going off before I even get close, I also hate how I have to keep my tools so far away when its on...

But everyone has different needs, at different times, in different places too..

I still carry the garrett because it saves me time when my centech wont hit on some deeper stuff...

YMMV..

<*)))>{

Here Is were

The TRX prevails over the Garrett, when you cut a 4 inch plug out ,if the target is in the plug , you no longer have to break the dirt off the plug with the Garrett for detection of the target, the TRX gets four inches, less work now, picks it wright out, Love it, Earl

The TRX prevails over the Garrett, when you cut a 4 inch plug out ,if the target is in the plug , you no longer have to break the dirt off the plug with the Garrett for detection of the target, the TRX gets four inches, less work now, picks it wright out, Love it, Earl

Ya know what I have experienced about the TRX? Users and friends simply fail to touch the soil pre-dig and get an exact down ward but exact location on their general shallow PP from the detector, and then I see a wide open bigger hole being dug.

Why don't other tectors "super-focus" pre dig since the TRX reigns in predig operations? The TRX does that well...what is the problem?

It is senseless IMO why people get a tone and pinpoint with the detector(well some skip this step and just put a shovel in very deeply in depth, and max out a general plug on a sugested target that's just single inch or three down) and they then dig twice the needed depth, and end up digging a circumference hole massively much larger. Why, now that we have the TRX hitting depth of 3" easily....would a tector just stab a digging shovel to it's max depth and turn up way more dirt than the detector itself said was enough at a couple inches? You paid possibly $150 for the TRX, and it WILL easily detect shallow, "pre-dig" targets with touching the tip pre-dig to the ground...I just don't understand people sometimes when in one breath they give the TRX a slam and then won't use the TRXs best, simple ability with pre digs?

Ya know what I have experienced about the TRX? Users and friends simply fail to touch the soil pre-dig and get an exact down ward but exact location on their general shallow PP from the detector, and then I see a wide open bigger hole being dug.

Why don't other tectors "super-focus" pre dig since the TRX reigns in predig operations? The TRX does that well...what is the problem?

It is senseless IMO why people get a tone and pinpoint with the detector(well some skip this step and just put a shovel in very deeply in depth, and max out a general plug on a sugested target that's just single inch or three down) and they then dig twice the needed depth, and end up digging a circumference hole massively much larger. Why, now that we have the TRX hitting depth of 3" easily....would a tector just stab a digging shovel to it's max depth and turn up way more dirt than the detector itself said was enough at a couple inches? You paid possibly $150 for the TRX, and it WILL easily detect shallow, "pre-dig" targets with touching the tip pre-dig to the ground...I just don't understand people sometimes when in one breath they give the TRX a slam and then won't use the TRXs best, simple ability with pre digs?

I dig with a screwdriver. TRX made my life a whole lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom