Silver dime under iron: Is this how multi frequency works?

Happa54

Forum Supporter
Hey Everyone;

Went out for a short hunt today.

Had a 28 signal (high co) coming in & out due to something in the way.

Threw it in AM and had an iron number of -4 & -5. But the 28 number keeps coming in & out.

Dug it and saw the huge nail with a washer around it. Stuck my probe in the ground and about 2" below the large iron nail, was the '64 Rosie.

As far as I can remember, I never experienced this with my ML Safari.

Is this what they mean by "multi-frequency?"

The iron signal was dominant only in AM but the dime couldn't hide nonetheless.

I thought I'd share this because it is part of my learning curve with this machine. I hope this helps other nox users as well.

Attachments

• 1-20180408_110445.jpg
    1-20180408_110445.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 643
The high CO was probably the washer. The dime in the hole after the fact was a bonus for removing the iron and washer. The washer would be the dominate signal even if it was by itself with a dime. I have found lots of coins in the same hole as big washers. Maybe if it was just the bolt you might get a squeak of the dime depending on where it was lying in with the bolt.

The high CO was probably the washer. The dime in the hole after the fact was a bonus for removing the iron and washer. The washer would be the dominate signal even if it was by itself with a dime. I have found lots of coins in the same hole as big washers. Maybe if it was just the bolt you might get a squeak of the dime depending on where it was lying in with the bolt.

I know what you mean about the washer as many of them read high co but not this one.... it is iron. I ran the coil over the nail and washer separately and together and they both read -4 & -5, low grunts.

But my curiosity is what may or may not be the effectiveness of "multi-frequency".

Thanks for your response.

My thoughts exactly..Actually your safari is a true multi frequency-machine,,I believe the nox is called multi IQ. I think there’s a difference or Minelab wouldn’t have named them differently if they were the same.

BTW kinda funny though cause rosie dimes come in at 28 .......

In a air test maybe.You stick that coin in clean ground you’d be lucky to get a 28,let alone with that big old chunk of iron and washer? Not nitpicking here,but I’m just not seeing the ID part...Now,the audio tone part I believe it could have been the dime.

In a air test maybe.You stick that coin in clean ground you’d be lucky to get a 28,let alone with that big old chunk of iron and washer? Not nitpicking here,but I’m just not seeing the ID part...Now,the audio tone part I believe it could have been the dime.

In my neck of the woods (Los Angeles), on the nox, dimes are coming in at a consistent 28. I don't airtest anything. No reason to when I have hundreds of parks at my disposal for test purposes.

I didn't mention that on another there were multiple targets in the hole. The last to come out was the wheatie, which on my nox consistently comes in between 24 - 26. I saw the beaver tail and pull tab numbers, and I also saw the wheat signal mixed in there too. It's just something to mention in case some think that diggable signals are only single and not multiple.

Maybe I was doing the same thing with my Safari but it's just since the nox has taken front seat in discussions, I just seem to notice things that I hadn't noticed before.

It's all good though for food for thought.

You must have one of the most stable ID equinox made,,,maybe it’s your soil,who knows.i just found a Rosie the other day and mine bounced from 20 to 30 and everything in between.Ive looked up you tube videos of the nox on live hunts,and everyone else’s were very unstable Visual ID too.

My thoughts exactly..Actually your safari is a true multi frequency-machine,,I believe the nox is called multi IQ. I think there’s a difference or Minelab wouldn’t have named them differently if they were the same.

So the Safari is a true multi freq detector?
And the Nox isn't?

What about bbs and fbs, are they?
Different names they have right? But still Multi freq nevertheless. Just like Nox.

Nox does have a tendency to give more accurate ID of nonferrous crippled targets better than a lot of other detectors I have run.
Won't do it on all located nonferrous though. But some truer than others.

You haven't sold your Nox yet?

So the Safari is a true multi freq detector?
And the Nox isn't?

What about bbs and fbs, are they?
Different names they have right? But still Multi freq nevertheless. Just like Nox.

Nox does have a tendency to give more accurate ID of nonferrous crippled targets better than a lot of other detectors I have run.
Won't do it on all located nonferrous though. But some truer than others.

You haven't sold your Nox yet?

My nox is listed if your looking for another? And I’m not trying to argue a point that Minelab they’re self made by calling the nox a multi IQ machine and a the safari a full band spectrum multi frequency machine...I’d say yes,big difference,not only in name but how hard a actual fbs multi frequency machine hits coins.No comparison.Yea,I’m definitely going back to a true multi frequency machine.

My nox is listed if your looking for another? And I’m not trying to argue a point that Minelab they’re self made by calling the nox a multi IQ machine and a the safari a full band spectrum multi frequency machine...I’d say yes,big difference,not only in name but how hard a actual fbs multi frequency machine hits coins.No comparison.Yea,I’m definitely going back to a true multi frequency machine.

Actually if truth be told, Nox is ideally more of a multi freq detector than any fbs or bbs detector. Just my opinion.

5 frequency running on the nox vs 28 frequencies running on fbs? Are you saying minelab are wrong?

Woodbutcher,
I have an 11" deep nickel in the ground.
CTX or Etrac both with stock coils won't touch. Only breaks threshold if yo listen.
Nox hits the nickel.

So why doesn't CTX and Etrac hit on small gold or this deep nickel?
If the fbs/fbs2 detectors are indeed running and using higher freqs?

Don't think they are doing, the reason why.

Auto plus 3 sensitivity using Etrac and CTX, both are weak performing on lower conductive targets. They do better here with higher conductors.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1700063

Notice the gent's reference to if the higher freqs were used wouldn't fbs be a gold slaying machine. And it isn't.

Btw, if Imget time tomorrow, I will do a test and take a pic.
There is something to what this thread was addressing to begin with.

Meaning using multi freq with dime and nail is doing some thing, some thing unusual. Almost like part of the iron is being seen and canceled ( it affects).
I have witnessed this.
But will redo to confirm once again.
Btw I will post some thing someone said on another forum here.

You and others can read whatever you want into it.
Let me find it.
Alright I copied this out of actual Equinox thread on another forum.

Folks can read.
And I'll tell folks right now.
I think I know who this sharp chief design engineer referred to here. Not personally but I think I know the person by name.
Won't say though.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ((( Well said )))
>
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> Another one for you...steveg
>
> WHAT IF........... A sharp Chief Design Engineer h
> as figured out a way........ through multiple chan
> nels,,,, multiple frequencies........ certain non-
> incremental bits (out of 32 or 64 bits)........ of
> "seeing" the iron...... then finding the best way/
> channel/frequency/bit....to 'see' the iron the lea
> st.............. whereby/hereby/then .... allowing
> /authorizing the easiest way of NOT seeing the iro
> n; rather...... enhancing/seeing THROUGH the iron.

Last edited:
Heres a live dig of a rosie dime notice the numbers called out..... a merc and barber will be a point or two different, its that way with my deus too. AS far as the 28 freqs I have heard from the techies in disscussions on the forums that minelab boast of 28 but its really only processing something like 2....but I will let you guys debate that I'm not a engineer... WOODBUTCHER for what you do you sailing one of the best and if not the best machines down the river way to soon.. major mistake my friend but of course you got your high performing at pro you can go back to.... What are the numbers of these coins in thick iron sites im on in the video?

This is what happened. In the ground that washer can and often does have a great high tone. You dig them and the great signal goes away to be iron.

This is what happened. In the ground that washer can and often does have a great high tone. You dig them and the great signal goes away to be iron.

Ok... I'll just accept your analysis since I'm no engineer and have no real understanding on what these metals are doing down under.

It'a learning process that at times baffles me.

Thank you for your feedback on this.

Heres a live dig of a rosie dime notice the numbers called out..... a merc and barber will be a point or two different, its that way with my deus too. AS far as the 28 freqs I have heard from the techies in disscussions on the forums that minelab boast of 28 but its really only processing something like 2....but I will let you guys debate that I'm not a engineer... WOODBUTCHER for what you do you sailing one of the best and if not the best machines down the river way to soon.. major mistake my friend but of course you got your high performing at pro you can go back to.... What are the numbers of these coins in thick iron sites im on in the video?

Someday your gonna see me on the Antiques Roadshow with my AT pro,getting it appraised ,and your gonna think of how right I was.:laughing:
I’ve even thought about signing it and putting it on eBay, but I’d hate to be responsible for a bidding war that could possibly crash that site.

That is funny right there. You forgot to mention your metal detecting groupies. Lmao

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom