Makro Kruzer waterproof detectors - Brochure & User's Manual Available

For a $100 more I think the multi frequency is gonna sell a lot more..very nice machine..I wonder if the existing racer coils will work,I don’t think so with the multi frequency units,,I could be wrong tho..

For a $100 more I think the multi frequency is gonna sell a lot more..very nice machine..I wonder if the existing racer coils will work,I don’t think so with the multi frequency units,,I could be wrong tho..

AND, the Quest Pro is set to make it's debut. $699.00 with two coils and it's rated to the same depth as the Kruzer. How it fares in saltwater will be the key though as we know Makro can produce a single frequency that doesn't false. And supposedly the Q Pro is faster than the Nox. We'll see. The beneficiary of all these detectors is G.O.O.D. for us. Kruzer just sounds cool though, doesn't it ?

AND, the Quest Pro is set to make it's debut. $699.00 with two coils and it's rated to the same depth as the Kruzer. How it fares in saltwater will be the key though as we know Makro can produce a single frequency that doesn't false. And supposedly the Q Pro is faster than the Nox. We'll see. The beneficiary of all these detectors is G.O.O.D. for us. Kruzer just sounds cool though, doesn't it ?

I wouldn't even consider a quest pro being that they knowingly stole tech from First Texas, got sued and lost, and then decided to change the name of their company in order to continue selling new models. I don't trust or respect them after that BS.

Quest....videos I've seen make me not even consider one.

Tempting, but I'm going to stay with my EQ preorder. I like the fact that the EQ has two high frequencies and that it has the multi-IQ. It doesn't seem like the Kruzer has simultaneous multi frequency mode. I do like the looks of it though.

Just wanted to add, if I didn't have a preorder for the EQ, and this one got to market first, I would be VERY tempted:lol:

I wouldn't even consider a quest pro being that they knowingly stole tech from First Texas, got sued and lost, and then decided to change the name of their company in order to continue selling new models. I don't trust or respect them after that BS.

People will buy them though. If they prove themselves, they will sell more.

6 months ago I would have been excited but I dontvthink they will sell many with the EQ600/800 on the market.. just my opinion....

...as we know Makro can produce a single frequency that doesn't false...
:mad::roll: The Makro falls flat on its face here in NE Florida. Look through my old posts and you find my threads offering to buy drinks for the Makro reps and even buy one on the spot if they could get it to run stable. The reps declined and not one vendor has stepped up to the plate. Meanwhile, ML's proven tech continues to WORK as claimed and without disapointment.

6 months ago I would have been excited but I dontvthink they will sell many with the EQ600/800 on the market.. just my opinion....
Agreed. ML has always been priced above what many consumers are willing to pay. The Nox changed that demographic and with ML's reputation for detectors that "work in all conditions", it is going to be hard to compete. Even at 12% less or a savings of a $100, who really wants to gamble? Maybe a select few folks just getting into the hobby, but the majority will go with a ML

:mad::roll: The Makro falls flat on its face here in NE Florida. Look through my old posts and you find my threads offering to buy drinks for the Makro reps and even buy one on the spot if they could get it to run stable. The reps declined and not one vendor has stepped up to the plate. Meanwhile, ML's proven tech continues to WORK as claimed and without disapointment.

I've seen an R2 work on the beach with no falsing. I live close to the gulf coast in Texas (15 minutes) and they're quiet.

Agreed. ML has always been priced above what many consumers are willing to pay. The Nox changed that demographic and with ML's reputation for detectors that "work in all conditions", it is going to be hard to compete. Even at 12% less or a savings of a $100, who really wants to gamble? Maybe a select few folks just getting into the hobby, but the majority will go with a ML

As of yet no one is for sure how well the Nox will work in the salt water. That said, I hope both companies are successful in salt water because it will push the boundaries for the other manufacturers. I know using the expanded ground balance window in conjunction with the threshold on the Max, I can run quiet on the beach.

I'm also interested to see the difference in depth with the Kruzer using EUD vs the Nox. My guess is Makro isn't releasing another iteration of the Impact or R2. And so we wait. BTW, who wins the name contest ? I kinda like Kruzer over Nox.

Question. Since the Kruzer can be updated via firmware , could they add another frequency or two to the detector later on ? Also would they have the ability to make it run simultaneous frequencies via updating ?

Question. Since the Kruzer can be updated via firmware , could they add another frequency or two to the detector later on ? Also would they have the ability to make it run simultaneous frequencies via updating ?

If I had to guess, no.
But Choppa seems is only one here to have Kruzer.
So he's our source of first hand info mostly here.
And I'm sure in time when he has the all clear he will give us loads of info on the detector, performance, etc.

As of yet no one is for sure how well the Nox will work in the salt water. That said, I hope both companies are successful in salt water because it will push the boundaries for the other manufacturers. I know using the expanded ground balance window in conjunction with the threshold on the Max, I can run quiet on the beach.

I'm also interested to see the difference in depth with the Kruzer using EUD vs the Nox. My guess is Makro isn't releasing another iteration of the Impact or R2. And so we wait. BTW, who wins the name contest ? I kinda like Kruzer over Nox.

There is a video in England of the nox in saltwater. Looks good too!

Back
Top Bottom