WW2 Jump Wings

Grunter

Here is my last silver find for last year,found on a December hunt. They are jump wings made in Australia for Marine paratroopers in the Pacific theater.

Attachments

• jumpwing 1.jpg
    jumpwing 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 545
  • jumpwing2.jpg
    jumpwing2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 473
  • jumpwing3.jpg
    jumpwing3.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 469
  • jumpwing4.jpg
    jumpwing4.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 468
The description I got of the wings indicated that they were specifically made by this company for the Marines that were operating in the Pacific theater. Maybe Army I don't know, maybe an expert will chime in on them.

The description I got of the wings indicated that they were specifically made by this company for the Marines that were operating in the Pacific theater. Maybe Army I don't know, maybe an expert will chime in on them.

cool. Only reason I ask is because there was very large Army Airborne presence in the Pacific theater of operations. The design of those wings is from the Army, and were and continue to be awarded to those members of other service branches who complete Army Basic Airborne Training. Army operations in the Pacific are often overlooked. Cool find nonetheless!

Nice to see Jumpwings from an Australian maker, not something you see every day. Nice find!

Best,
Simon

WW2 jumpwings

I got these out of my finds box to admire them again but to my surprise and chagrin they don't have a silver hall mark at all. Nothing,nada,nowhere but I did a light silver scratch acid test and they are absolutely silver. Can anyone explain this? Were they designed without the hallmark intentionally? I'm at a loss on this one and would appreciate some observations,opinions,expert advice.:no:

I got these out of my finds box to admire them again but to my surprise and chagrin they don't have a silver hall mark at all. Nothing,nada,nowhere but I did a light silver scratch acid test and they are absolutely silver. Can anyone explain this? Were they designed without the hallmark intentionally? I'm at a loss on this one and would appreciate some observations,opinions,expert advice.:no:

they may be plated, do at least 3 scratches from the same place on the pin. if it tests silver on all 3 I think you have the real deal, if not it's probably plated. hope it's real! HH Steve

Back
Top Bottom